Need a Helping Hand..

So, I've got a few problems brewing in my base:
1. Metal Refinery will not work. at all. I queue 3 golds and 3 irons (doesnt work with copper either) I have hooked up cooland pipe and output pipe (Radiant Pipes, Water Temp is 59.5 F) the refinery is powered as well, nothing is coming out and the pipes are beginning to get lots of freeze damage.

2. What kind of tiles should I use with AETN? How should I fuel AETN? I plan on using the AETN to keep my refinement room (Plastic refinery, kiln, etc) cool, any tips I should know?

If this one was kinda badly structued, I'm half-awake and got no sleep, awake all night (literally) and I'm too tired to think.

1would need a screen shot of the refinery with pipes and wires to adequately asses the malfunction.

2 if your containing the cold near it igneous or abbys.if your radiating the cold from it granite sandstone obsidian or metals.

smaller masses transfer temp quicker. if you need to cool a lot of mass break it up into smaller transfer amounts valves on gas pipes work great). a few hundred g/s of gas in granite normal pipes does wonders for transferring heat but the gas comes out hotter but being a small amount is re cooled faster as well.

personally id build a box that retains the temp in near the AETN and run Radiant or granite normal pipes around in that box to tranfer heat to the gas(hydrogen works)  then run that gas as the coolant around the areas you want to keep cool you can add liquids to increase the effect but same issue with mass less is more (just pay attention to where the heat is exchanging for a cycle or two to see if you need to tweak volumes. if you set up the gas lines on a loop with valves or bridges you can actually have the radiator lines running with no maintenance charge just put in the gas with a little extra room and it will continue to circulate in the pipes so long as the pipes arnt obstructed or full

if you transferring the gasses for any distance id recombine it into one pipe then use valves to syphon off amounts of coolant to be used by that area letting more of the still cool coolant travel to the next area.

and for the cooling box itself 5 lines running through it at 200g/s is better then 1 long line of 1k/s

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

get lots of freeze damage.

You might get a pipe temp bug save and load should fix.

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

2. What kind of tiles should I use with AETN? How should I fuel AETN? I plan on using the AETN to keep my refinement room (Plastic refinery, kiln, etc) cool, any tips I should know?

Outside is abyssalite as a box shape fuel for AETN is hydrogen

• use vacuum trick to seal entrance

Inside room

• fill empty space with wheezwort
  • fill room with hydrogen
  • create gas pipe fill with hydrogen to use as coolant for other place
  • create liquid pipe fill with petroleum or oil or polluted water

Archived