First time player, beta feedback

I wouldn't normally do this, but I'm bumping my own post - I think the mods took a while to approve it so it is sitting on just four views when all the surrounding posts have many more. This isn't an ego thing, I'd just like to give the devs a fair chance to see my feedback :)./\dam

Oh, the approval!Welcome to the forums!That's some nice feedback you made there.I also thought about the science machine a little.It wasn't that hard to understand earlier (it changed in the last few weeks), but now, a new player like you might be a little confused. You used to put things in there and it gave you "points", but that was too grindy.I am pretty sure the devs will read your post and consider it for the next update, they listen to their community and read almost every post, i think.

After seeing many posts of confused players asking why their science machine is not working, I have to say it seems to be an issue. Definitely something is needed. Even a dialogue line when character examines the machine like "Standing near it makes me feel smarter. Time to build stuff.".

Yeah, the first time I played in full screen mode in Steam (after only having played in Chrome), I had issues with object interaction as well, until I changed the game resolution to my actual monitor resolution. But for a new player who's not familiar with the game, or for someone who wouldn't think to look at the resolution in the options, that could really be Game Over.Good observation about the science machine. Most of us on the forums are familiar with the previous version of the science machine, so might not have the perspective of a new player. Nice post. :)