I've been trying to make a vacuum lock to separate a flow of gas based on the input from atmo sensor. It starts out like this with all the doors being open when Atmo sensor is active. Then the inactive signal closes all 3 doors and then the middle one opens to create a vacuum lock.

My issue is every time the doors close, they delete quite a large amount of gas (127kg in my case).  I thought that if I made the closing of doors a rolling motion (so they don't all close at the same time, 1st door closes then 2nd and then 3rd) then it'd solve my problem but I cannot ,for the love of god, figure out the automation logic.

Is this at all possible?

20180708133811_1.jpg

20180708133827_1.jpg

20180708133835_1.jpg

Yeah should be no problem. 

The only thing I see is that the dupes probably can't walk through since the doors are locked. 

I would only focus on the middle door. If it closes faster than one of  the outer doors it won't delete gas.

After all doors are closed open the middle one again. 

This requires some trial and error with buffers, filters and floor switches. 

This was the smallest I could come up with, should work for the situation you described.

20180708120206_1.thumb.jpg.89e099ac8e673910b8578fae721ae774.jpg

You do have to implicitly not the sensor, so if you want the door to open when there's more than 1 kg, set the sensor to below 1 kg.  If you dislike that you could just move the not so it affects the rising edge detector instead.

1 hour ago, AzeTheGreat said:

This was the smallest I could come up with, should work for the situation you described.

You do have to implicitly not the sensor, so if you want the door to open when there's more than 1 kg, set the sensor to below 1 kg.  If you dislike that you could just move the not so it affects the rising edge detector instead.

This was perfect. thank you!

2 hours ago, Enno said:

Yeah should be no problem. 

The only thing I see is that the dupes probably can't walk through since the doors are locked. 

I would only focus on the middle door. If it closes faster than one of  the outer doors it won't delete gas.

very simple and yet elegant solution. I wouldn't have thought about it in this way.

and it works as well after fiddling a bit with the buffers and filters. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Enno said:

I didn't realize but you described my air lock :D lol 

you can put the button under the middle door itself, with a delay force it locked the instant its stepped on which would normally lock the button down, hence the delay, when the delay finishes open the door, insta vacuum no deletion, doors will not close on dupes so it can't "trap" a dupe for longer than your delay.......

I'm a bit confused, you're trying doors sequences for dupes to pass through or not? Your OP looks like it is not for dupes, and not for separating two different kinds of gasses either. But it looks like you're trying to separate temperature? Conversation leads to doors for dupes to pass, is that your actual intention?

Because I'm still confused, I will make an assumption that your original post is the real question here.

12 hours ago, uraharakisuke said:

I thought that if I made the closing of doors a rolling motion (so they don't all close at the same time, 1st door closes then 2nd and then 3rd)

You mean something like this? I use this on many builds to separate gas temperature.

Screenshot_6.png.6e06bc22fe4ad11cdfd4fdc

For powered doors I usually used 2s, 4s, 6s, on those buffers from the left. It doesn't delete any gas

12 hours ago, abud said:

I'm a bit confused, you're trying doors sequences for dupes to pass through or not? Your OP looks like it is not for dupes, and not for separating two different kinds of gasses either. But it looks like you're trying to separate temperature? Conversation leads to doors for dupes to pass, is that your actual intention?

Because I'm still confused, I will make an assumption that your original post is the real question here.

You mean something like this? I use this on many builds to separate gas temperature.

For powered doors I usually used 2s, 4s, 6s, on those buffers from the left. It doesn't delete any gas

Yikes, I knew there was a simpler solution than what I came up with.

18 hours ago, abud said:

Screenshot_6.png.6e06bc22fe4ad11cdfd4fdc

oh wow. the best one so far. Thank you!

If you are trying to separate both temperature and gases without deleting gas then I suggest stacking liquids and keep a vacuum in between.  Works fine as long as the temperatures are not extreme enough to freeze or evaporate the liquids

20180320173645_1.thumb.jpg.8d5d2596abeaa1d6203725fd42977941.jpg

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

If you are trying to separate both temperature and gases without deleting gas then I suggest stacking liquids and keep a vacuum in between.  Works fine as long as the temperatures are not extreme enough to freeze or evaporate the liquids

"I've been trying to make a vacuum lock to separate a flow of gas based on the input from atmo sensor."

Really sounds like trying to have a way to open and close it, which your method doesn't provide.

Spoiler

5b3953fc08ae9__doorwithweightplate2.thumb.jpg.d4062e03c8dd7ba179dc09922e526e18.jpg

This one I use to keep the heat out and the air from leaving. The filter is 1 sec or less.

Works well for extreme temperatures:

Spoiler

5af3f3efc77de__doorwithweightplate.thumb.jpg.a68ae0686c2d83895a62270cdf07a0f0.jpg

In this case I may recommend to put the whole auto stuff (Tungsten) on the hot side so the little hot air that escapes does not melt the ice.

4 minutes ago, AzeTheGreat said:

"I've been trying to make a vacuum lock to separate a flow of gas based on the input from atmo sensor."

Really sounds like trying to have a way to open and close it, which your method doesn't provide.

keyword "If"

I'm just trying to offer an alternative  

Archived