Natural Gas generator stuck around 75C

Seeing an odd phenomena with my natural gas generator setup. I have them setup to drip directly into a polluted water boiler. They are completely insulated elsewhere. And yet they do not heat up beyond 75C. I had planned to get them heated up to ~115 and then cool them with supplementary polluted water. 

In sandbox testing the generators keep heating up indefinitely. The only thing I can think of is that there is some biome heat effect cooling it (its built in a cold biome), but I didn’t think such a thing existed. 

Will upload screenshots soon.

in debug they heat up in *vacuum*, ultimately they overheat. In an atmosphere they communicate with walls, gas, the pipes. In the end, its the pipes you are feeding them with that cool them. Warm the gas and dis-insulate and you can get higher, not easy mind you.

38 minutes ago, Carnis said:

in debug they heat up in *vacuum*, ultimately they overheat. In an atmosphere they communicate with walls, gas, the pipes. In the end, its the pipes you are feeding them with that cool them. Warm the gas and dis-insulate and you can get higher, not easy mind you.

I’ll have to do a debug test with some polluted oxygen in the room. In debug I was still feeding 20c natural gas and it didn’t make a difference.

to the 75c overheat, nothing is overheating ...

43 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

the 75c overheat, nothing is overheating ...

That's the whole point. The environment in the room resets to 75 to avoid overheating. There was a thread about a cooler utilizing this exploit/mechanics.

13 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

You probably produce a lot of gas in refineries. Refinery output is 75C. The gas in generator has a rather large thermal mass and can easily heat up/cool down the generator it is contained in.

Natural gas comes from geysers and an oil boiler. I don’t buy that it’s the gas stored in the generator, as debug tests with 20C NG still heat up above 75

34 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Natural gas comes from geysers and an oil boiler. I don’t buy that it’s the gas stored in the generator, as debug tests with 20C NG still heat up above 75

You have a vacuum on debug. Rerun The test with atmosphere. The gas on The tank does not heat NOR cool. But The pipes that bring The gas do.

Hmm edited* nvm, your debug Will have polluted oxygen atmo.

Archived