How to remove metal from volcanos, without cooling the room?

On 6/29/2018 at 6:49 AM, Carnis said:

Can walk in magma with suits.

but your snazzy suits burn up which makes no sense to me....

On 6/29/2018 at 8:19 AM, Lifegrow said:

That only occurs if you have the liquid metal hitting a small body of liquid - keep the tiles full and recycle the water when it gets too hot.

???  My vacuum metal volcano build had it hitting a large body of 70 degree water and it made steam with every eruption.  Also the metal didn't want to roll off the neutronium, the first drop would roll off, create steam, the rest would sit there until it became ingots, then I built a sweeper to sweep it into a storage that I built in the coolant water.  The water is 9 tiles full, so it's not a small amount.  After it has erupted and I move the ingots, the volcano goes back to vacuum.....

Okay, I found a flaw in the design when loading a save. During game play the game doesn't register the Sweeper Arm in a vertical position as being submerged if only the bottom tile is in liquid, but when you load a save the game it will then state the Arm is submerged in any level of liquid. The best solution is to place the Arm one tile higher. The Steam and vacuum should keep the Arm at 230F even if its not in liquid. You will also have to place the collector bin upside down in the same position because the Arm only registers the bottom part of it and not the whole thing like you would think.

Archived