Cooling Radiotor

Hi Guys,

I am planning to create a water cooler radiator using gas pipes. Inside that gas pipe would be my cold hydrogen flowing. I have a question though, if I lessen the amount of hydrogen I am flowing through my pipes would it affect the cooling effect?

You should do it the other way.  Pipe the liquid through the gas, instead of the gas through the liquid.  The reason for this is that Gas Pipes have a very small capacity, while standing tiles of liquid have a large mass in them (increasing with depth).  You'll end up trying to use 500 g of Hydrogen to cool 1000 kg of water.  You'd need an absolutely massive and powerful cooling radiator to keep up with any significant input into the system.

The better solution is to build a room, plastered with Tempshift Plates and filled with Hydrogen.  Use Radiant Pipes to flow the Water through a radiator in the room.

34 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

You should do it the other way.  Pipe the liquid through the gas, instead of the gas through the liquid.  The reason for this is that Gas Pipes have a very small capacity, while standing tiles of liquid have a large mass in them (increasing with depth).  You'll end up trying to use 500 g of Hydrogen to cool 1000 kg of water.  You'd need an absolutely massive and powerful cooling radiator to keep up with any significant input into the system.

The better solution is to build a room, plastered with Tempshift Plates and filled with Hydrogen.  Use Radiant Pipes to flow the Water through a radiator in the room.

I havent tried the new pipes but ill try that. Thanks

35 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Do you have an existing design there maybe you could share it :)

3 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

I havent tried the new pipes but ill try that. Thanks

Do you have an existing design there maybe you could share it :)

You should not only use the new pipes, but also diamond tiles.

The hydrogen cools down the aquatuners, the aquatuners cool down the oxygen. 

This system allows you to pre-heat the hydrogen to 170c before running it into your hydrogens 

20180619025155_1.jpg

20180619025208_1.jpg

20180619025217_1.jpg

The first aquatuner heats the hydrogen up to 120c, this is to make it possible for the hydrogen to be stored without breaking the air pumps. 

Archived