Where are the new Emotes?

From the promotional announcement/FAQ Klei posted on the forums and the Steam store page they made it a point that the Gorge would contain new skins, emotes, items and more.

12 hours ago, V2C said:

Yeah, but WHAT is The Gorge?
The Gorge is a free limited time 3-player co-op challenge with tons of new skins, emotes, items and more. Your goal is to cook and offer food on the Altar of Gnaw, but you'll need all the cooks in the kitchen to keep it fed, so work together to survive!

From what I can tell there isn't a single new emote in the curio cabinet. Are the emotes available to everyone (like /sit and /dance) and thus not in the curio cabinet? Did the team forget to add them to the Gorge? Will they be added at a later date? Were new emotes cut but the writer/editor not know, or forgot, to take them out of the FAQ?

Links to the announcements. I would really like an answer since I was expecting new emotes and.......it looks like we received zero emotes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/322330/announcements/detail/3074151795595595593

Edit: Here is another post (By JoeW) where he also makes a point of the event containing new emotes.

7 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

From the promotional announcement/FAQ Klei posted on the forums and the Steam store page they made it a point that the Gorge would contain new skins, emotes, items and more.

From what I can tell there isn't a single new emote in the curio cabinet. Are the emotes available to everyone (like /sit and /dance) and thus not in the curio cabinet? Did the team forget to add them to the Gorge? Will they be added at a later date? Were new emotes cut but the writer/editor not know, or forgot, to take them out of the FAQ?

Links to the announcements. I would really like an answer since I was expecting new emotes and.......it looks like we received zero emotes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/322330/announcements/detail/3074151795595595593

Edit: Here is another post (By JoeW) where he also makes a point of the event containing new emotes.

Honestly I had the same question inside my mind when I update my game and open up it up. There dosent seem to be any emotes as of now.

46 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

i think klei confused "emotes" with "emoticons"

it's stupid that there are two completely unrelated things with almost the same name

I don't think that would be the case, the devs also mentioned 200+ skins, while (accoring to Instant-Noodles) there are only exactely 125. But I agree that these cathegories should have a bit more different name, it is confusing.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I don't think that would be the case, the devs also mentioned 200+ skins, while (accoring to Instant-Noodles) there are only exactely 125. But I agree that these cathegories should have a bit more different name, it is confusing.

What else is in The Gorge?
With The Gorge we have added a bunch of new stuff for players to collect. 
New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. In total over 200 items.

Yeah they did say that. I guess that they didn't get released due to various shenanigans (I think Klei was at e3. That probably took a lot of their time). Hopefully they add the missing content in the next few days.

There is also an unreleased DLC on Steamdb. Notably the devs didn't add (they probably forgot or didn't have time) the new chests to the DLC section on Steam so its currently impossible to gift these to a friend. There is only 1 DLC (not two that the gifting system would require) on SteamDB so we should probably expect a patch in the near future hopefully fixing all these issues.

Klei makes great content but Gorge has not had a smooth launch. Hopefully we get to experience the missing content soon. =)

Archived