Hello! I was wondering if it's planned for this game to have Steam achievements at some point, even after leaving early access. This is the only game that I'm missing from the Klei Survival Bundle pack and was wondering if buying it or not, this will greatly improve the chances haha.

Have the devs mentioned this at some point? I checked the forums but there were no results about this. Thanks!! :)

If the other klei games have steam achievements this one will aswell, it is only a matter of time.  I foresee such wonderful achievements as "Master Rancher" You've bred every variation of critter in your world.
"Duplicant Savant" Maxxed all the stats(except intel) on a duplicant with the Yokel trait
"6th day law" have atleast 2 copies of 1 duplicant in your base
"A sight to behold" when you first reach the surface
"Is this the real life" starting the game for the first time
just a few ideas to get things started

2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

"Duplicant Savant" Maxxed all the stats(except intel) on a duplicant with the Yokel trait

Would that even be realistically possible? you're talking about grinding a dupe's skills for .. over a thousand cycles at least.

3 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

Would that even be realistically possible? you're talking about grinding a dupe's skills for .. over a thousand cycles at least.

It seems to me that would make it a crowning achievement, rate it Impossible (dun dun duuuuunnn).  You are probably right, on the flip side if you start the game with a yokel it will happen on its own after a few thousand cycles just because dupes do stuff..........

Just now, Kabrute said:

It seems to me that would make it a crowning achievement, rate it Impossible (dun dun duuuuunnn).  You are probably right, on the flip side if you start the game with a yokel it will happen on its own after a few thousand cycles just because dupes do stuff..........

Do it as a hidden achievement, then.

"Metallurgist" make steel for the first time
"Deads not dead" reprint a dupe that has died(I don't like killing dupes so killing one for an achievement would be a bad idea imo)
"Nothing lasts forever" Deconstruct the printing pod, (maybe require they survive for 50 cycles without it or something)
"Night Terrors" force dupes to work through the night with red alert

"Close Call" have one dupe save another after collapsing from low health.

4 hours ago, Kabrute said:

If the other klei games have steam achievements this one will aswell, it is only a matter of time.  I foresee such wonderful achievements as "Master Rancher" You've bred every variation of critter in your world.
"6th day law" have atleast 2 copies of 1 duplicant in your base
"A sight to behold" when you first reach the surface
"Is this the real life" starting the game for the first time
just a few ideas to get things started

It's a good idea, but my question is, the devs have actually confirmed something at some point? Even if there will be said steam achievs? Not all have them, Don't Starve doesn't. I'll probably pick up the game anyways, but this will be my 100% confirmation to do so haha.

Archived