You sneaky little devils! :)

Releasing the beta of this AT THE EXACT SAME TIME as everybody was obsessed with the Gorge.  You cheeky so-and-so's!  ;) I had no idea this was now an actual real game until I saw JackSepticEye's play of it show up on my YouTube reccomendations!  XD

(Mind you, Jackaboy is also how I was first properly introduced to Don't Starve, so that's kinda fitting.)

Of course I didn't get in on the beta so I can't actually play it myself yet, but still...

Love the whole Saturday Morning Cartoons! vibe to it and the "playsets" and how the levels are all kid-related, too, because that goes with the whole theme.  Heh.

...Notorious

Oh god, can you imagine the chaos if you activated both of them at once (in the game world, I mean)?

"It's the Gorge:  X-Treme Edition!  Now you not only have to fulfill the Gnaw's cravings in time or suffer a terrible curse, but have fun getting the ingredients--because THE GROUND IS LAVA!!!"

XD

Also oxygen costs extra.

...Notorious

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

"It's the Gorge:  X-Treme Edition!  Now you not only have to fulfill the Gnaw's cravings in time or suffer a terrible curse, but have fun getting the ingredients--because THE GROUND IS LAVA!!!"

Gorge: FORGE EDITION?:wilson_ecstatic:

That or Klaus is attacking with his lava and ice powers.  Also, when you touch the ground in the Forge, you don't die...which is handy, but a little confusing.

This is a weird segue but...apparently the "Floor is Lava" game goes back quite a ways.  I remember when I read the Pippi Longstocking books as a little kid--there's a scene where they play a game called, simply, "Don't Touch the  Floor" (a name in a similar gets-right-to-the-point vein as "Don't Starve", actually).  They never said WHY you're not supposed to touch the floor, but...apparently that was already a thing in the '40s in Sweden.  Huh.

...Notorious

Archived