help! my animations aren't compiling!

hello! I'm new to the Don't Starve modding universe. I began with creating a character, and boiled all the issues I've been having down to a single one:

my animations aren't compiling.

if I delete everything in the anim folder in my mod and compile my mods, it will compile the files and create an animation for the ghost form in a nice zip file (since i'm doing this for Don't Starve Together), but not the normal player sprite. does anyone have any suggestions to help me solve this? I've done everything I can think of to solve this issue, but, again, I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing, so there's probably about a thousand solutions I just didn't know about. 

I'm more willing to provide any information or files that could help solve this issue!

I'm also using this character template, if that's any help as well.

thank you in advance to anyone who responds to this threat! ^^

Update:
The problem is kinda worse now. Where the compiler would bring all of my .png images in my exported folder into a .zip folder, it's just... not doing that now.
is it something with my mod tools, maybe?

I am sorry for my slow response (lot's of work today) :/ but finally I have managed to fix it. You didn't put any files in taako>exported>tail, I don't think it was source of problem. I am pretty confused now because your mod should work now but I don't know reason of errors. I just coppied every visual aspect of your mod into my well-worn template to test it out. I stopped at hair, hairfront and hair_hat (in taako subfolder in exported folder) because of error but after copying these folders again from my own source it just worked. I made few more tries with autocompiler and I am sure it won't bother you anymore.

taako - working.zip

On 6/4/2018 at 5:01 PM, Yakuzashi said:

Did it work ?

hi! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had responded to this, haha.

it did! I did unfortunately realize how ****ty the character model and overall concept was for a character in the game, and decided to scrap it. so it did work, but I moved on from that character.

So, I had started to try and create a different character, and unfortunately received the same issue. However, I was actually able to copy the error message from the autocompiler while it was trying to compile the animations! So now I can actually provide some information that can be more helpful to solving this issue!

Without further ado, here it is.

Exporting Animation[################################] 1/1
Error Exporting C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\extended sample character-DST\exported\esctemplate\esctemplate.zip
'int' object is not subscriptableTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\exported\..\tools\scripts\buildanimation.py", line 529, in <module>
    ExportBuild( endianstring, zip_file, buildxml, outzip, not results.skipantialias, results.platform, results.textureformat, results.hardalphatextureformat, results.force, results.ignoreexceptions )
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\exported\..\tools\scripts\buildanimation.py", line 395, in ExportBuild
    img.regions = optimizeimage.GetImageRegions(img, 32)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\tools\scripts\optimizeimage.py", line 156, in GetImageRegions
    rootNode = QuadTreeNode(img, None, 0, blocksize)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\tools\scripts\optimizeimage.py", line 75, in __init__
    childtypes = [ Analyze(im, childboxes[0]),
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\tools\scripts\optimizeimage.py", line 34, in Analyze
    if p[3] == 0:
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable

again, I'm sorry I took so long to respond to you, but hopefully this will be able to help solve this issue more conclusively!

also, if it's any consolation to anyone following this/trying to solve this issue, the compiling issue only occurs with the normal character sprite; for some reason, the ghost sprite has absolutely no problems when compiling.

3 hours ago, stampothy said:

also, if it's any consolation to anyone following this/trying to solve this issue, the compiling issue only occurs with the normal character sprite; for some reason, the ghost sprite has absolutely no problems when compiling.

My compiler said your character build is missing tail-0. I realized you deleted the sprites you didn't want to use. Your character will never compile like this.

If there's a sprite you don't want to use on your character, you should open the image with whatever editing program you are using that accepts transparency, and erase the drawing in it.

The build is expecting that all the listed sprites be there, regardless if there is something drawn on them or not

4 hours ago, halfrose said:

My compiler said your character build is missing tail-0. I realized you deleted the sprites you didn't want to use. Your character will never compile like this.

If there's a sprite you don't want to use on your character, you should open the image with whatever editing program you are using that accepts transparency, and erase the drawing in it.

The build is expecting that all the listed sprites be there, regardless if there is something drawn on them or not

I don't think that's the issue, I think it might be something wrong with my autocompiler.

I've checked, double checked, and triple checked that I have all the necessary files for this character's sprite (even transparent ones), yet still it isn't working.

This has also made me realize that I had mentioned changing the character which I was modding; as such, I threw the new one in at the bottom of this comment (minus the animation file that isn't compiling!)

thank you for your previous response and any you may send in the future! ^^

wayte.zip

6 hours ago, stampothy said:

I don't think that's the issue, I think it might be something wrong with my autocompiler.

I've checked, double checked, and triple checked that I have all the necessary files for this character's sprite (even transparent ones), yet still it isn't working.

This has also made me realize that I had mentioned changing the character which I was modding; as such, I threw the new one in at the bottom of this comment (minus the animation file that isn't compiling!)

thank you for your previous response and any you may send in the future! ^^

wayte.zip

let's try this test.

move your character's build outside the folder, put the standard template, and try to compile it.

If it compiles, then it is the build, if it doesn't, it is the compiler, which is odd, my compiler didn't compile your new attached build either, So I don't think it is the compiler, it might be the program you are using to make the sprites, assuming you are not using photoshop

7 hours ago, halfrose said:

let's try this test.

move your character's build outside the folder, put the standard template, and try to compile it.

If it compiles, then it is the build, if it doesn't, it is the compiler, which is odd, my compiler didn't compile your new attached build either, So I don't think it is the compiler, it might be the program you are using to make the sprites, assuming you are not using photoshop

I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, but I think that solved it

I replaced the files with the template, and re-added them one by one. I found out that the mod began crashing when I added the hair-hat file, and the issue pretty much fixed itself when I replaced that file with the one from the cleared version the template provides

so yeah! thank you for responding and providing suggestions! ^^