Exosuit Help

I'm not sure if I have something set wrong in priorities or what is causing the issue but all my dupes keep putting on their Exosuits running to the work area, digging one block, then running back, getting a new suit and running back out to dig another block. Its been happening from 3 meters from the check point up to 100 meters away. Its really slowing down progress. Any suggestions? 

The Subterranean Spacepad.sav

On the Priorities screen, have you switched to Advanced Priorities?  It's nested under the little gear in the top right corner of the Priorities window.  It changes the way tasks are handled to consider proximity in addition to Priority settings.

3 hours ago, Cypher-7 said:

Yeah I have it set to advanced. It’s looking like unless you are a miner or a builder they will dig or build one tile then take the suit off to see if there is something better for them to do.

Most likely you're not building "enough" at the same time. 

The miner won't be queued to dig out a building tile until the material for the build has been delivered. The builder won't get queued to build until the miner is done. If the are no more queuable digs in the area, the miner will do its next priority, which is usually another dig in a different part of the base. 

I use one of 2 solutions to help reduce the occurrence of this. 

1) Use a clock sensor to lock my non gofers out of the base for the middle 60% of the day. 

2) Manually assign all the digging and let that go before I start placing the flooring and other build tasks. This allows the miners to not have to wait for the gofers and gives the gofers and builders (nearly) full access to the build site. 

Archived