Combining two gas pumps into one pipe...

1 hour ago, 0xFADE said:

Most likely backed up by that short pipe section waiting for something to get sucked in the filter.  It only has to be for a moment.

You only need one filter because the best those 2 pumps can do is one full pipe.

You will lose a bunch of throughput if you put two pumps on one filter as the hydrogen cant merge with O2. I'm messing with filterless designs too. I also suspected that it was a delay on the filter. It didnt seem to cause any congestion though. 522 kg of O2 per cycle is about as good as it gets currently?

1 hour ago, Kabrute said:

because the pumps are using a reserve tank to pull 500 g/s in mixed gas

My proof of this was click on a pump and watching its inventory.

I'll test that by removing the filter. If it still happens youre probably right.

My 2 cents:

Myself, I use mechanical filters for separating the H2 and O2 from the Electrolyzer Room (left side). The O2 generation system stops once the O2 overflows triggering a pipe sensor. The Hydrogen goes into a generator in the power room. Any gas overflow, as well as other gas captures, go into my Mechanical Gas Room (right side). There are six chambers for the six most common gasses: CO2, Polluted Oxygen, Hydrogen, Chlorine, Natural Gas, and Oxygen. The gas valve before the Mechanical Gas Room is set to 995 g/s flow. The compact mechanical filters gas valves are set to 1g/s.

I only used a powered filter once to prime the compact mechanical filters. Polluted water takes the excess heat from many hot rooms (e.g. power rooms, factory rooms) before the excess heat is deleted by a Water Sieve. The clean water is then chilled by Aquatuner and it's used to cool the base and the Electrolyzer Room, before it's fed into the Electrolyzer. Overflow water feeds a storage room (top) or gets re-chilled again if it's too hot (that part is not shown).

I build these systems as soon as the tech was researched. So far the system has worked flawless since it was built. With the help of some Wheezeworts and the pre-cooling, the O2 output is in the mid 20 oC range.

Spoiler

5b0662adc7c1e__airroom_1_general.thumb.jpg.3d38a4c28bb58985a00e8fef260d09f5.jpg

Spoiler

5b0662af51f88__airroom_2_liquid.thumb.jpg.98d939fb831ef408d652f6394ef1652a.jpg

Spoiler

5b0662b1018eb__airroom_3_gas.thumb.jpg.8533a6e1c7e1e9813b2c0029172659ed.jpg

Spoiler

5b0662b26d542__airroom_4_auto.thumb.jpg.1f9d6a12faa7166e973656e89947d151.jpg

@Alex_D I used to use a similar storage system, though I was  using door compressors instead of liquid vent busters, more materials, automation, complication, etc, that is nice and simple but I still feel like they will fix that trick sooner or later and so in the mean time I quit building storage bins in general for gas, I try to only pump it once as much as possible, and since it all layers out and o2 shoves everything beneath itself so "$#*All*#$" you have to do is pressurize the asteroid with air..... :wilsconnivingsmile: but seriously that is some tasty plumbing my friend.  Do you ever break any lines in the weezy room?

@Kabrute Thanks. I started storing my gasses like this when I kept getting world seeds with lots of germy biomes around my base, and the inevitable slimelung invasion outside. Now, since Ranch Mk II, I keep getting these hot biomes with lots of Greekos (excess is good for meat) all around.

Once the vent over-pressure trick is patched, I'll figure out a similar system to what you describe, I suppose.

What do you mean by breaking lines in the weezy room?

5 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

water freezing

nvm, your dumping the line at a constant, throttled by a valve.

No, no freezes. The electrolyzing process generates enough heat to keep it from freezing. Yes, the line can dump a little water into the upper floors tank, but right now I have the valve closed. What keeps the water moving is the consumption of water from the electrolyzer itself.

I created a network of Exosuit docks that need oxygen constantly. My three dupes now work outside most of the time. This means they don't use the washrooms as often as they used to, thus the need to trigger a polluted water pump from my PW overflow tank to feed the water sieve and so. I also tap my O2 reserves from time to time (4139 Kg/tile right now).

I'm just waiting for Klei to patch the Exosuit dock to include a waste water line output :)

Archived