Pipe & Vent Bridges Feedback

Pipe and vent bridges should act like wire bridges, where no direction is taking into consideration. Let me tell you why. I wanted to take water from a colder water source to cool my base down while providing water for all of my buildings. The problem was, I couldn't just start at any current pipe, but I had to build a pipe all the way to my other water source to attach to my current pipes. This was mainly because the bridges would ALL have to be flipped around. Now I love the game and it's challenges, but things like this can kill off your colony when a piping system shouldn't behave this way to begin with.

Now if that's impossible to code, there is another solution. Maybe allow these bridges to have a lever where you can flip the direction of a bridge. I personally wouldn't like this option since it waste a duplicates time to turn the lever when it's not something we should do anyway, but it's much better than what we have currently.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:52 PM, Trenix said:

Pipe and vent bridges should act like wire bridges, where no direction is taking into consideration. Let me tell you why. I wanted to take water from a colder water source to cool my base down while providing water for all of my buildings. The problem was, I couldn't just start at any current pipe, but I had to build a pipe all the way to my other water source to attach to my current pipes. This was mainly because the bridges would ALL have to be flipped around. Now I love the game and it's challenges, but things like this can kill off your colony when a piping system shouldn't behave this way to begin with.

Now if that's impossible to code, there is another solution. Maybe allow these bridges to have a lever where you can flip the direction of a bridge. I personally wouldn't like this option since it waste a duplicates time to turn the lever when it's not something we should do anyway, but it's much better than what we have currently.

The lever would be nice, but either direction isn't good. I already have difficult time connect pipes from different sources without them doing the back and forth dance without bridges.

Archived