Need Viscosity in Liquids

Hi All,

I've been thinking, all liquids in the game behave the same. This is not correct and should be different.

Water and polluted water should have the least viscosity and should move very freely (much more freely than currently implemented). Also, the movement logic is incorrect and looks weird when lot of water is falling down.

The thicker liquids like magma should flow much slower and should take a lot more time to spread out in an even surface.

Well I'd say it's anyone's guess if they will implement viscosity to this degree. As you mentioned heat would be a factor as well. Meaning colder or hotter liquids would behave different. Idk if they will/can go the extra miles and make it that realistic. But as they added some viscosity to liquids some patches ago I would say they will at least rework some and make the flow a bit more realistic

It would be a realistic and interesting addition, but I can't think of any tangible mechanics this would affect. Liquids flow somewhat unrealistically fast/slow, but adding in realistic viscosity proportional to temperature and material wouldn't make a huge impact on gameplay.

I do agree that the flowing mechanics of falling liquids looks bizarre. It either drips, flows in "gobbets" of water, or fills entire tiles vertically and spreads out midair.

Archived