Player sessions

Hi,

what setting I have to change on a dedicated server so that players sessions are saved in a KU_xxx folder instead of encoded A7Gxxx, A7Ixxxx, and so on format? For example instead of A7G6VSA73HO6 get back to actual KU_ of the player. I know there's something cos seen this on the forums somewhere but can't find it. :S

I need to revert back to the normal behavior because had multiple players been naughty, for example Webber players join and plant egg sack at the portal and leave. Having the old folders back means I can check from a list what player doesn't have his egg sack any more and take actions I see fit.

You can try and change the encode_user_path setting (should be in server.ini, I think), but last I checked the forums, this is forced to true by the game itself (i.e. even after setting it to "false", the game changes it to true when it launches the server).

What exactly are you trying to do? Delete their saves, or get the IDs so you can ban them?

Yeah, I think encode_user_path ws the setting I was after. Will give this a try next restart.

I have a list of Webber for instance that recently joined and can check their saved session and see who doesn't have the egg sack for instance. I can even backup my own, copy the session from a user I suspect of bad doings and rejoin the server with his inventory and map as was saved when left.

Archived