90% of dupes getting denied due to bad RNG

Basically playing now the Rancher preview but it's probably since Occupational update

The generated dupes get really bad RNG most of my dupes have negative trait of narcoleptic because other negative traits just are too bad to have such dupe in colony especially early cycles I'm stuck now with colony of 8 dupes in cycle 147

This needs to change I think.

I'm not seeing any increase in negative traits. Ranching as a skill may be diluting the skill pool though so dups have on average slightly less mining/cooking etc but that's as it should be.  Poor dups is a part of the game and we should not be trying to eliminate them.

9 hours ago, TehPlayer14 said:

Basically playing now the Rancher preview but it's probably since Occupational update

The generated dupes get really bad RNG most of my dupes have negative trait of narcoleptic because other negative traits just are too bad to have such dupe in colony especially early cycles I'm stuck now with colony of 8 dupes in cycle 147

This needs to change I think.

What traits do you reject off hand?  You might want to be more tolerant of certain negative traits.

For me, it's flatulent and biohazard (because miserable immune systems), then mouth breather and bottomless stomach, then loud sleeper, then anemic in that order.  I will off hand reject the first 2, will grudgingly accept the next 3 if they have stats I need.  I have never had a situation where all the dupes have the first 4 traits.

One nice thing about narcoleptic dupes is that they are actually lower maintenance from a stress standpoint because they spend more time asleep. 

Small bladder is actually a good thing because it gives you more polluted water to use.

Archived