Short guide on how to deal with the swamp biome and the germs

7 minutes ago, Heinermann said:

That's kind of my current solution: make slime biomes really cold, then harvest it out when all the germs are gone.

Not the worst way to do it, but time consuming and the heat transfer is not really needed. Cold biomes are precious for me.
I use door permissions, to filter dupes with immunity <85% out.
Never build near a germy tile / one tile space / counter disinfect loop.
Build always first a submerged locker, to store slime.
Set the locker to sweep only, set it high prio (store slime in no other lockers, while you do that)
Never dig out more then x at once / 1 slime per active dupe.
Dig / sweep /store / repeat
Spam deodorizers.

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I use door permissions, to filter dupes with immunity <85% out.

This is a nice solution, I've used it too but when too much dupes and too much doors to set manually, it's time consuming (check immunity, remember dupes > 85%, go to each door, set autorization, forget about one dupe, go back to immunity...).

With a germ detector, do you think it's totally automatable? Like a pressure plate to get a dupe trap in a sas, then germ test, if =1 open door to toxic biome, if = 0 open door to base ?

52 minutes ago, Argelle said:

With a germ detector, do you think it's totally automatable? Like a pressure plate to get a dupe trap ..

Something like a bioscanner? So far i understand mechanics, existing sensor can only monitor in gasses (didn't try liquids), not a dupe skin check.
But door permissions is not so complicated.
You only need to set permissions for one door. (use that one next to your base, where the path to the polluted zone starts.)
Default door setting only leaving evil area (choose the direction arrow, to leave dangerzone active) and when immunity is higher then x then give dupes rights to pass in other direction.
When i had to dig through high polluted areas, i peek open them a bit, after i placed Door deodorizer deodorizer deodorizer Door deodorizer deodorizer deodorizer Door. Easy pompiesy ^^
I always search for PO pockets while exploring and use them as oxygen source.
When one way is "to danngerous", i wait a bit and do something in another corner..

On 2018-03-12 at 1:15 PM, BlueLance said:

The amount of germs in a tile are dependant on the mass of the tile if i remember right, but I thought the dupes only breath in as many germs proportionally as they use the air.

I have also had pockets with billions of germs, despite mass of the tiles not being that high. might be bug. But in areas like that dupes can go from 100 to zero immunity in minutes.

Archived