Deerclops in DS w/o Rog?

I Started a Wickerbottom world not to long ago, and made it, for the first time, past my first winter. This is a normal DS world, no RoG was installed when it was created and I survived past day 30. Later in the month I purchased RoG and Shipwrecked for DS, and now I am hearing Deerclops noises in my normal DS world. Naturally, I freaked out because I had not prepared to fight any giants in normal DS, so I am worried. Does purchasing RoG affect previously made DS worlds, even when they are not marked as RoG?

Deerclops isn't a guarantee to spawn in regular (vanilla) Don't Starve - I had worlds where he showed up in the first winter, and other worlds where he didn't show until the 4th winter.

RoG was created after the base/vanilla game was complete, and it doesn't change anything about vanilla saves. RoG may have upped the frequency of spawn for giants though; it IS meant to be a more challenging mode, after all.

Archived