First Impressions

With a little help from Naechan, I got a chance to try this game out. Harder than it looks (obviously) and a lot faster paced than I expected. Got twigs and grass, and a few juicy berries here and there, and started traversing the edge of the map. I probably, no definitely should have been doing more mining and chopping, but instead I tried to jog the whole way, without a log suit, or a lantern. 11 days later, I'd outrun a hound attack by leading them through a spider infested forest... at night, and I still hadn't even found a swamp. Barely half the map was traversed, and I was halfway to winter. So I guess it's really important to go with a smaller world than default, if you're gonna do it solo.

So there I was, running with a torch through the night, wishing I'd just given up and made a base about oh... 6 days ago. Rain wasn't hurting my sanity, and I had a few cooked mushrooms to boost it anyway. Hounds couldn't touch me, spiders ate my dust, and then in the middle of the night, I finally saw my very first clockwork. It was a bishop. Rightfully concluding that I am so dead, I managed to screech to a halt right at the edge of its attack radius, where it wakes up, but then just... eyes you. This set piece was right against the ocean, but I carefully hugged the coast, with the bishop at the edge of my torch's light, watching me the whole way. Finally, I was past it. Then I ran into the second bishop.

Playing this game alone is definitely not condusive to one's sanity.

Hey! Welcome to the game, I could play with you to help your sanity out ;) 

Steam name is exactly as my forums

Heres a link

Also I got the game gifted to me too

Also you seem way better than me when I first started.

My first game I thought the Crawling Horror was not hostile and kinda found it cute .-.

Technically the Crawling Horror is not hostile, until you go insane enough.

Anyway, I'd love to play with you if I could! Could we get some kind of voice chat going, maybe? The programs I've got working so far in that regard are Mumble and Tox. I promised myself I'd be more social in this game, instead of grinding for hours so I can leave random gifts in strangers' chests, and I'm not sure if I can do that, if I have to stop playing to type in chat.

I um... actually can't add friends on Steam. My account's "limited" until give them my credit card, and buy $5 worth of their stuff with it. You're free to do the same in reverse though!

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...I just type really fast.

Sometimes not quite fast enough.  : P

I just forget to type at all. Like "Hmm, I should say something while I'm harvesting this grass, but then I'd have to pause what I'm doing. Maybe just a little bit more, then I'll tell everyone i'm harvesting grass." 6 hours later, there's no grass left on the map, and everyone's forgotten I exist. Or something like that.

At least with voice I wouldn't have to pause what I'm doing to declare, "Hey I'm doing it again. Someone come hit me until I stop building all these whirly fans."

Archived