Playing without Abyssalite

I decided to play a game without the ability to mine Abysallite.  So far, it is a lot of fun and feels generally more fair.  The only challenge I have had is I haven't found a single hole into a cold biome thus far which could be my downfall (because I refuse to use exploit cooling).  Nonetheless, I recommend giving it a try.

1 hour ago, badimo said:

I decided to play a game without the ability to mine Abysallite.  So far, it is a lot of fun and feels generally more fair.  The only challenge I have had is I haven't found a single hole into a cold biome thus far which could be my downfall (because I refuse to use exploit cooling).  Nonetheless, I recommend giving it a try.

What is the point of the restriction? To limit access to areas of the map, or to not use Abyssalite as a building material? (Or both?)

I could see refusing to build out of it since it seems to be a perfect insulator, and that does strongly cut against other core mechanics. I think the game is pretty clearly balanced around being able to get access to things that are initially blocked by it, though.

Archived