Where are the Woodie TEX textures found \ Are textures changeable ?

I hope I am posting this thread in the right place, apparently it is so this time.

I made some retextures for Woodie and the Werebeaver to turn him from a gentleman scientist to a big reptile, they turned out well, but i have 2 questions.

1. Can you just retexture some textures, replace them with needed ones, and they will show up ingame?

2. if that is so, where can the textures for woodie and werebeaver be found? I looked around unsuccesfully (i did find a woodie TEX file, replaced it, but having little experience in programming i either replaced the wrong one or did something else wrong as it crashed every time i joined a world to test it out. i put the tex back in and it works now.) and I cannot seem to find the correct textures. :(

4 minutes ago, Dark Vapor said:

I hope I am posting this thread in the right place, apparently it is so this time.

I made some retextures for Woodie and the Werebeaver to turn him from a gentleman scientist to a big reptile, they turned out well, but i have 2 questions.

1. Can you just retexture some textures, replace them with needed ones, and they will show up ingame?

2. if that is so, where can the textures for woodie and werebeaver be found? I looked around unsuccesfully (i did find a woodie TEX file, replaced it, but having little experience in programming i either replaced the wrong one or did something else wrong as it crashed every time i joined a world to test it out. i put the tex back in and it works now.) and I cannot seem to find the correct textures. :(

You put this in the wrong thread me thinks, and i don't remember the rule of messing with character appearance.

Just now, jantonio said:

You put this in the wrong thread me thinks, and i don't remember the rule of messing with character appearance.

where should i have put the thread? General Discussion seemed the most relevant place?

as for the messing with character appearance, why would it not work? after all, these are just textures. but then again i dont have much experience in the matter

It will work. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299100755 This thing that I made is literally just replacing Walani's atlas-0.tex within her anim .zip. Very simple to do. It'll be different with DST though, you can't just replace files willy-nilly as some things will be client-based or server-based depending on what they do. Also, DON'T go into the game files and just swap out the tex, take the time to set up a new mod in a new folder, then make your path anim > woofie.zip, and in this zip file you'd copy the one that's in the game code, and replace the atlas-0.tex with a new .tex file that you rename to be the same name.

12 hours ago, 6480 said:

It will work. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299100755 This thing that I made is literally just replacing Walani's atlas-0.tex within her anim .zip. Very simple to do. It'll be different with DST though, you can't just replace files willy-nilly as some things will be client-based or server-based depending on what they do. Also, DON'T go into the game files and just swap out the tex, take the time to set up a new mod in a new folder, then make your path anim > woofie.zip, and in this zip file you'd copy the one that's in the game code, and replace the atlas-0.tex with a new .tex file that you rename to be the same name.

thanks, now I get it.  So it'll be harder than i thought but at least it's possible.:)

Archived