A sense of Urgency!!

I think what this game really needs is a "no pause" settings tick at a New game start. (Completely optional) Sure you can still pause while in the job tree but anywhere else and the screen goes black as apposed to transparent. This will severely spike up the sense of urgency and allow more room for creativity and mistakes; wherein the standard game I spend more time pausing out of habitualness or OCD to the point I make none whatsoever. Only once this is implemented can the "Survival" tag be well deserved Imo. This NEEDS to happen, I know you wont let me down KLei! 

1 hour ago, LTLking said:

and then you run the game in 2 and 3X mode.
Don't use 2 or 3X and you'll have a sense of urgency to never pause.

Well I suppose you're right, but the ocd doesn't ever let me run it at 2x or 3x speed for very long before I have to take over and micro/double check everything. Also If the fact that I do it ad nauseam to my own detriment whilst asking for a solution isn't convincing enough, I don't what is. Still not all is lost; I actually managed to bind it to a key I seldom ever touch and succeeded in running an extra stress custom game without pausing save 2-3x to fix an idle. I'll let the result speak for itself..

ONI_TheBest.jpg

I run in 3X at times and pause as well.

I just slow it down at key times to watch them build as they go. Making sure they are building in the correct order but right there on the space bar. Ready to change priority or cancel something so they don't do something stupid. Like get stuck.

All the decor you need to live a happy stress free asteroid world.
I won't need to add anymore decor until venturing out to other biomes where I might add a painting or 2 along the way.
Notice the game uses barracks instead of the word room.
You can build 1 big barracks instead of individual rooms.
The list descriptions are minimum values.
I also don't use a canteen either.

Somehow I got those shine bugs in there. I will open it up to let them out. They are not needed.

Capture.PNG

Capture1 (2).PNG

2 hours ago, omufighter said:

you remind me of playing stellaris in multi players mode.

i think i will continue playling ONI non-stop for 10h if there is no pause button =D

The games without pause don't ever remind me when I was playing I needed to go to toilet mostly MP games

7 hours ago, LTLking said:

Notice the game uses barracks instead of the word room.
You can build 1 big barracks instead of individual rooms.

Strange that, The "single bed" description must've thrown me for a loop.  Thanks for the tip, I never actually tried it with multiples to see whether it worked. @TehPlayer14 As for the pause I'm referring too, its the in-game pause, not the escape key that brings you to the save menu. If you need to break I see no reason why you shouldn't pause it.

16 hours ago, WiDOWZ said:

Strange that, The "single bed" description must've thrown me for a loop.  Thanks for the tip, I never actually tried it with multiples to see whether it worked. @TehPlayer14 As for the pause I'm referring too, its the in-game pause, not the escape key that brings you to the save menu. If you need to break I see no reason why you shouldn't pause it.

I forgot. With the latest update. As the dupes require more decor the higher job they have. I've been using granite around the barracks, all tiles around, as a just in case they require more.
I won't make a full barracks at 1st. Just enough to fit in 3-4 beds wide but space them out, with only 1 access in. Using the dirt and sandstone to create a room. The cycle before accepting a dupe or at least get it in place before end of cycle. I will place the structure to add a bed. As soon as I hit granite, I stop using sandstone, Finish off the barracks walls and replace sandstone with granite. Adding beds in spare time or as need arises.

Use gas tiles under and over the sculptures for airflow.
Before you get airflow tiles you may want to spread out your dupes as the airflow is not great if they're all on same side.

Before the update sandstone would work as they never required more than an average of 15-20's decor around them.
This changes as they level up now.
Then with the plastic beds it should be enough to keep anyone happy.

Archived