Give the player some interaction, while waiting for the dupes, to finish monumental buildings.

What about some player interaction?

There are some times of pure waiting in ONI, sure there is something to do/to watch, but i would like:

1. Slap dupes - Mousecursor over dupe - click - slap /-5% health +2 athletics + 10% stress increase - masochist trait - 10% stress when slapped.

2. Turn the power wheel . Mousecursor over power wheel - click/grab - swing/release - spin it up - Overpowering should break the wheel and it should start rolling through base and causing +25% stress *2 cycles and 50 % damage to all "touched" objects.
Should break dupes bones, but could give massive amount of energy, when well timed.

Personally I think random events would also suit this, as it throws in an element that a layer would have to react to, Obvioulsy a dup getting buried does as well but that usually because of silly mistakes. 

But I do think something to keep the player amused would be rather interesting, Dungeon keeper Style

6 hours ago, Oozinator said:

1. Slap dupes - Mousecursor over dupe - click - slap /-5% health +2 athletics + 10% stress increase - masochist trait - 10% stress when slapped.

Slaps are so medieval. How about shock collars? :devilish: They don't damage a wearer, but can motivate to do something or do more intensively for sure. And they can be controlled remotely without direct interaction with subjects which corresponds the current observer character of the game. In addition, they can help to implement the dupes training system: punish for bad/unwanted behavior and reward for good behavior. Just classics. But, yes, also there's a need of some reward method like sweet candies or such.

20 hours ago, BlueLance said:

But I do think something to keep the player amused would be rather interesting, Dungeon keeper Style

Would be nice :)
When overused, they are scared away by the mousecursor. That makes it impossible, to plan structures close to scared dupes, without breaking workflow.

14 hours ago, SkySentinel said:

Slaps are so medieval. How about shock collars? :devilish:

Nice compromise. Some sort of mindcontrol collar, where you get the dupes to slap each other ^^
slap.gif.f49d5b6b39148d66440db5e6cc4f9316.gif

11 hours ago, Lt_487 said:

Why are all these suggestions about ways we can hurt the dupes?

Could be a "pet" option too, where you can tickle the dupe. Dupes are giggling and rolling on the floor. But don't overuse it, they are holding breath and could suffocate through it. Gives -10% stress and they want no shower for 5 cycles, because, was "touched" by the creator..
:)

11 hours ago, Zarquan said:

This reminds me of dungeon keeper.

How could it be? Was a nice game. Milestone like settlers too (for me)
:)

On 22.02.2018 at 6:45 AM, Lt_487 said:

Why are all these suggestions about ways we can hurt the dupes?

No pain no gain!

Seriously, this is how any human-like society works.

20 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Nice compromise. Some sort of mindcontrol collar, where you get the dupes to slap each other ^^

Yeah, it would be fun when leads into mass slap-brawl. But isn't it too much hi-tech for the game setting? :D

21 hours ago, Oozinator said:

But don't overuse it, they are holding breath and could suffocate through it.

Ok, now it turned into real medieval torture... or into BDSM session, whichever you like more. :p

Archived