Yes

All settings are default but bloom is enabled

12GB ram NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M Intel Core I7-4700MQ CPU @  2.40GHz

Yeah I know that but I don't have any mods installed and it even jumps between 30 and 60 when there's nothing on sight

Seems quite a few people have been having this problem recently, including myself.

After viewing different threads about frame problems it seems common solutions (excluding getting a better computer, which there were never follow up answers for) are to adjust some or all of these driver settings:

Power usage mode - Prefer maximum performance

Triple buffering - On

Vertical sync - off

These adjustments appear to fix the problem for a few people but a lot of the time the problem persists. The problem persists for me too, but possibly to less of a degree (been a couple months since I adjusted the settings so can't remember how bad it was before).

Since changing these settings I've noticed that alt+tabbing out of the game (changing primary task) from DST to something else (anything, even a steam chat box (not the steam overlay chat box)) for a couple seconds will restore the frame rate to 60. I'm not sure if this would work without the driver settings enabled or not but you might as well test it without making adjustments; could always change the settings later.

Adjusting driver settings and alt+tabbing when the frame are at roughly 30 is the only work around I know of to have worked if the problem persists, kinda janky but o well. Hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, CossonWool said:

Seems quite a few people have been having this problem recently, including myself.

After viewing different threads about frame problems it seems common solutions (excluding getting a better computer, which there were never follow up answers for) are to adjust some or all of these driver settings:

Triple buffering - On

Vertical sync - off

These adjustments appear to fix the problem for a few people but a lot of the time the problem persists. The problem persists for me too, but possibly to less of a degree (been a couple months since I adjusted the settings so can't remember how bad it was before).

Since changing these settings I've noticed that alt+tabbing out of the game (changing primary task) from DST to something else (anything, even a steam chat box (not the steam overlay chat box)) for a couple seconds will restore the frame rate to 60. I'm not sure if this would work without the driver settings enabled or not but you might as well test it without making adjustments; could always change the settings later.

Adjusting driver settings and alt+tabbing when the frame are at roughly 30 is the only work around I know of to have worked if the problem persists, kinda janky but o well. Hope this helps.

Okay I'll try using these settings and I'll tell if it works

1 hour ago, CossonWool said:

Triple buffering - On

Vertical sync - off

It actually worked thanks

Archived