My Natural Gas Power Plant Blueprint

1pa8UpM.jpg

very simple and cheap design, i arranged my generators in a way that it will create a small funnel at the bottom for polluted water
each generator has a role, smart battery for auto shut-off when full for efficiency 

5HLt1gd.jpg

2 nat gas gen will support 12 fertilizer synthesizer, 6 each
1 nat gas gen will support 4 fertilizer synthesizer and 1 pump 1 liquid pump
1 nat gas gen will support 2 skimmer 1 gas pump and 1 gas filter, also a manual generator outside for the kickstart of your whole power plant
and 3 nat gas gens are your supply, you can either connect them all for a total of 2400W or separate them to supply different areas of your base

eD9HIrP.jpg

GTPg0cy.jpg

easy and cheap gas piping and plumbing. You can pump water directly from geyser because skimmer produces at constant 40c

sqyextq.jpg

and the automation!

also i design the nat gas gens that 3 of them are near your base for easy electrical wiring
if your nat gas geyser is on the other side you can just mirror this and recreate or even enhance further the design

this took me a lot of cycles and it works great
if you have any suggestion feel free to comment

You have that runoff going straight in to a pump.  Have you considered having it flow over a thermoregulator or two?  It's free liquid cooling that would work even without the drip cooling exploit.

Also, if you separate your natural gas generators and your fertilizer synthesizers, then you don't need a gas filter attached to your pump, which can save you a bit of power/natural gas.

You can save power on the liquid pump at the bottom with a hydro sensor.  If you set it to around 25 kg, then the pump will only draw power when it can certainly pump 10 kg of water per second. 

@Tab1

The Natural gas generator produces 67.5g/s of p-water a piece. (~2 per fertilizer maker)

fertilizer synth takes 150g/s and produces 20g/s of natural gas. 

One Nat gas gen needs 60g/s of Nat gas.

Ofc there are dupes they produce some p-water as well and carbon skimmers if you use them.

Build your things out of gold amalgam and run the p-water in pipes (granite or ignious rock) behind your machinery before you feed It to the fertilizer maker( or water sieves )It will absorb some heat from the generators and then be deleted in the fertilizer synthesizer 

1 hour ago, Lutzkhie said:

if i supply germy polluted water to my fertilier synthesizer will it produce fertilizers with germs?

thats the plan

I send my lavatory/shower water there and food poisoning germs are on the produced fert.  There is a big backlog on my conveyor,  so it dies off before any harm is done.      for now.....

2 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

i found a way to cool it down like really way below 20c, by using cold oil in obsidian pipe, just like ketmol did
*and i hope this is not another "bug" or "exploit"

granite, wolframite or tungsten pipe is way better. see u need cooling, but i build it way that it never heats from first place. and never have to crack it open close it down forget it

5 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

Isnt sedmentory rock better thermal conductor and has lower specific heat than granite?

It does have a lower specific heat but granite has a higher thermal conductive rating.  I'll set up a test later to see what cools an area faster

5 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

Isnt sedmentory rock better thermal conductor and has lower specific heat than granite?

granite < sandstone < sedimentary rock = obsidian<igneous rock < abyssalite 

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

what about petrol?

as coolant

very cood cooler!

Petroleum is little bit better than crude oil and has higher freezing point. but crude oil does the job fine

And about this setup it doesnt work for me. After about 50 or so cycles the Natural gas build up is so much that the CO2 vents cant pump out CO2 and the NG generator go idle. The NG generator and FM need to be in seperate areas

Just now, Tab1 said:

And about this setup it doesnt work for me. After about 50 or so cycles the Natural gas build up is so much that the CO2 vents cant pump out CO2 and the NG generator go idle. The NG generator and FM need to be in seperate areas

that is why i always separate gases in room. u need to add some automation with atmo sensor so that fertilizers doesnt constantly work

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

yeah i mean, you still have to process it to become petrol, not to mention the ratio is awful

that is why crude oil does the job fine, almost same Thermal conductivity

yeah, about starting it i didn't mention, i took out all of the CO2 by algae terraruim before running the whole power plant to avoid too much CO2 inside, the numbers are strict

its been running for almost 100cycle i guess, the problem im facing right now heating, temporary fix was wheezes but im switching to oil cooling

7 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

The NG generator and FM need to be in seperate areas

no dont do that, because FM produces Natural Gas to its surrounding and we need that, but you can...

1. separate the skimmers
  2. vent CO2 outside until it normalize and/or
  3. algae terrarium

2 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

thermal conductivity
Sandstone: 2.9
Granite: 3.39
Sedimentary: 2
igneous: 2
obsidian: 2
abyssalite: 0.00001

specific heat will have to be a critical choice depending on what your intending to do with it

Archived