Water Decontamination

I was thinking that they could add a easier way to kill off germs in both water and polluted water through the use of chlorination. This would also make chlorine gas more relevant. In real life, water chlorination is common throughout American and European countries. I looked it up and there is about 0.2-1 mg of chlorine per 1 kilogram of water.  I don't think this should prevent the water from becoming contaminated later on (that would be hard to code), I think it should just remove a set amount of germs from the water that passes through the machine.

I just think there should be multiple solutions for various problems in this game. For example with storing food; you can use fridges, make a DIY freezer, or store the food in a chlorine atmosphere. Currently the only way to eliminate germs in water is by using a tepedizer which can take a while and use up quite a bit of energy. Not to mention that for some applications of the water you would need to cool it back down. I was just thinking that this would be a different alternative. As far as what the devs want, I haven't heard much on the topic.

I think the point is that it is a very bad idea to let germs in to any water you rely on for food.  If you have germy water and electrolyzers, I would feed it to the electrolyzers.  Food poisoning germs die fast in the air.  I play with miserable immune systems and I have never had a dupe lose any immunity to airborne food poisoning.

I believe you can run water through an ore scrubber by autobottling from one pool to another, but that takes a long time.

Archived