Adding "Sweeping" to the "Tidy" category.

3 hours ago, felix920506 said:

A dupe was assigned "Tidy" tasks but would only mop the floor and sterilize buildings. They won,t sweep the floor until I let them do "Supply" tasks.

Sweeping is delivery of stuff from the ground to storage compactors. It consists of carrying things around and it's quite the same as e.g. delivery of coal to coal generator. Coal generator calls "I'm hungry, feed me coal". And exactly the same way, each non-full storage compactor calls "I'm hungry, feed me whatever".

But in general I agree with you. Just that it's not just about 'tidy'. A duplicant with Delivery job category checked should be willing to do any deliveries. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Farming checked should still be willing to plant seeds, deliver fertilizer and water. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Build checked should still be willing to deliver building materials. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Cooking checked should still be willing to deliver cooking ingredients. There's way too many things that require some kind of delivery to have it stuck into one piece the way it is.

My experience is that the best for smooth game flow is to fiddle with job controls as little as possible. The only things I restrict are research (which becomes obsolete quite fast) and art (where quality matters), everything else is done by everybody. The more restricted duplicants are at what they're allowed to do, the more time they spend running after tasks they can do while passing by tasks they could do but aren't allowed to.

4 hours ago, felix920506 said:

They won,t sweep the floor until I let them do "Supply" tasks.

3 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

It's a KNOWN BUG

The thing you stated in your original post does not sound like a bug to me. Supply of debris to storage containers still counts as "supply"

4 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

My experience is that the best for smooth game flow is to fiddle with job controls as little as possible. The only things I restrict are research (which becomes obsolete quite fast) and art (where quality matters), everything else is done by everybody. The more restricted duplicants are at what they're allowed to do, the more time they spend running after tasks they can do while passing by tasks they could do but aren't allowed to.

The thing you stated in your original post does not sound like a bug to me. Supply of debris to storage containers still counts as "supply"

I mean the coal generators being ignored by dupes.

In my opinion it should work the way like set up for example a dupe as a farmer, and he does all necessary to do its job, including carrying job related stuff.  Feeding storage containers should belong to the tidy job. Having delivery as own job is obsolete, cuz there is almost no reason to have dupes without delivery checked, not a dupe with only delivery checked. At least at actual game state.

Uhh, task assignments are strange and sooo broken

On 13.02.2018 at 11:15 AM, felix920506 said:

Yeah and Dupes just ignore them

and this is the only wtf ive been carrying through all the game - "sweep only" on mark on compactors, sweep task in older builds as another task, sweep as preferred job for groundkeepers groundkeepers require "tidy" tasks to be enabled, so assuming sweep is "tidy" task, but it is not - it is totally ignored by groundkeepers, because sweep is considered as "delivery", even we have a SWEEP TOOL, but it is still considered delivery, wtf, looogic 

On 13.02.2018 at 11:31 AM, Kasuha said:

And not all people are managers totheir nature, they just want to play game, they dont like fiddling ith controls to such extent, its just one of many wtf things that made me nope out from ONI. Im only here in hopes that someone hears me and finally fixes atleast some wtf stuff...

On 13.02.2018 at 11:13 AM, Kasuha said:

But in general I agree with you. Just that it's not just about 'tidy'. A duplicant with Delivery job category checked should be willing to do any deliveries. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Farming checked should still be willing to plant seeds, deliver fertilizer and water. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Build checked should still be willing to deliver building materials. Duplicant with Delivery unchecked but with Cooking checked should still be willing to deliver cooking ingredients. There's way too many things that require some kind of delivery to have it stuck into one piece the way it is.

And this is thing that is wrong with occupations, im not the only one that considers it, am i?

On 13.02.2018 at 11:29 AM, felix920506 said:

It's a KNOWN BUG

Its a known stupidity.

Archived