[Performance] Job's panel is very slow

Hi everyone, I'm having a very frustrating issue with the jobs panel. Every time I open it, it takes longer to load. The game will freeze completely for a whole minute some times. I had this issue before the new update, but it seems worse now. Going back to the main menu or even closing the game fixes the issue temporarily, but soon enough I'm waiting minutes for the panel to load, it's bonkers!

I did look at the troubleshooting page and I have followed all the steps there and everything is up to date.

I'd guess there's a memory leak somewhere, but I'm no expert. I couldn't find anything about this issue I'm having anywhere, so I'm guessing it's either really rare and has no solution, or the solutions is super obvious and I'm just not paying enough attention.

Attached is a very detailed text file with my laptop's specifications and stuff, just in case.

LAPTOP-WINDOWS.txt

Same here. I didn't really notice it prior to the update since I used to go to that menue only once in the beginning and hardly ever opened it again while playing. But since the update and the fact it's been opened and closed regularly it has become quite annoying.  Since it's early access I just accpet it the way it is right now (and go back to mainmenue when it takes way too long) but on the long run it's definately something I'd be happy to see it fixed.

I'm pretty sure I've noticed a pattern:

• First opening of jobs menu after loading a save is fast, even after relatively long time spent in game
  • Opening a job menu shortly after closing it will not take much time
  • Opening the menu after long break from opening it takes ages

I'd suspect that the menu tries to catch up on something.

52 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

I'm pretty sure I've noticed a pattern:

• First opening of jobs menu after loading a save is fast, even after relatively long time spent in game
  • Opening a job menu shortly after closing it will not take much time
  • Opening the menu after long break from opening it takes ages

I'd suspect that the menu tries to catch up on something.

That's exactly it!

19 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Welcome to the forum @rooobw. When it comes to bugs, there is a specific section (klei bug tracker) to report them in.

Regarding the job screen, i did already file a bug at the very start of the occupational preview. Unfortunately it hasnt even been confirmed (by the devs) yet.

Thanks @blash365!

Archived