We need a way to get dirt without magma

So basically since occupational update you need skilled miners to dig into magma unlike before to boil polluted water fertilizer or slime

The solution should be a new building that would heat up stuff to their melting point or decrease required temperature for it to around ~88C

Or fix the Liquid Tepidizer to be able to heat up polluted water to at least its evaporating point when made of gold amalgam (Because it has overheat temperature of 175C but it stops at 90C regardless)

7 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

You can heat up things using the aquatuner. 125 C basic resist, +50 C with gold amalgam.

Besides, we don't really need a way to get dirt. Mealwood is not meant as end-game food source.

Well what about research then? it uses dirt

Also the Aquatuner can be flooded so I can't boil the polluted water in large quantities

1 minute ago, TehPlayer14 said:

Well what about research then? it uses dirt

Well if you wasted all dirt on mealwood and need some for research, you have the option. I usually finish all research early so I don't have such problem.

2 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

Also the Aquatuner can be flooded so I can't boil the polluted water in large quantities

I don't understand what you mean here.

2 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

The second part I mean that if you put Aquanter in a pool of polluted water it gets flooded unlike Liquid Tepidizer unless I'm wrong

Aquatuner doesn't get flooded. It's designed to work under water.

But for the purpose of making Dirt, I'd probably put it in petroleum or crude oil instead.

2 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I've seen several people talking about heating with the aquatuner.   Is there a setting I've missed?  I thought the aquatuner waa for cooling and the tepedizer waa for heating.

Aquatuner cools the liquid going through it, and heats up itself and whatever gas or liquid it's standing in.

Archived