Athletics Discussion

Instead of having only one job be able to gain athletics (which makes all your non-courier dupes too and slow nerfed)....

And instead of the original system where all dupes gain athletics passively in the back ground (which kind of removes it as something we pay much attention to)....

Why not just have athletics be something all dupes can level up by running on the hamster wheel?

It'b be like "training" and energy production combined.  Seems intuitive and simple.

The newest version makes things much worse with the return of super dups.  They should cap the level up at maybe 5.  Maybe they could have just made the base athletics faster as another option.  Having played without super dups I hate having to go back to where starting stats and needing more dups doesn't matter.

Personally, I think that they should lower the cap of athletics to 10 or less, restrict athletics leveling to only courier and groundskeeper jobs, or implement treadmill-type equipment that dupes can train themselves on. As of right now it's just way too easy for dupes to achieve athletics skill points which makes transit tubes, conveyor belts, and plastic ladders pretty much irrelevant. 

I would even go so far as to argue that skills should be leveled solely through professions, so that only cooks gain cooking points, researchers gain research points, etc. The jobs would provide an initial boost to that skill and of course allow that dupe to utilize the equipment that is tailored to that job. I really hate what they've done with the latest hot-fix and hope that they readdress this issue before the patch goes live.

Archived