anti entropy cooling steam water

so i found an easy way to cool water from steam from 46c to 24c and below the faster way

all you have to do is encase the anti entropy thermo-nullifier and tunnel the water inside it, attach a valve and set anything below 4000g/s (maintained temperature 24c) 
I prefer 3000g/s it will maintain the water temp at 15c.

but there are factors to consider
first the tunneling, avoid the liquifiable tiles when making you pipe to the nullifier as the pipe may produce higher temp which could melt polluted ice

second, flooding, after sometime the nullifier maybe flood by the water so you'll have to transfer the cooled water back to your reservoir or a temporary one

third, distance, always consider the distance from your steam geyser to the nullifier, it would be advisable to make the water flow away from the geyser to reduce its temperature to atleast 45c before pumping them

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

maybe someday, right now i have too much heated water, cooling that water is my current concern but thanks for it

You're next problem is that once you feed that cooled water into your electrolyzers, it will output oxygen at 70c regardless of the water input's temperature. So you'll have to also deal with cooling the oxygen. Essentially, any water you feed to the electrolyzer may as well be hot water or else you're wasting energy. You can still cool water if you want to, but you may want to consider just feeding geyser water directly into electrolyzers (with insulated abysellite piping), and have 2nd geyser being cooled for your non-electrolyzer water.

Hydrogen chamber with weezeworts, metal tiles and airlocks sitting above water chamber is a pretty easy way to transfer and delete heat.

Automate the airlocks so they open when desired temp has been reached, creating a vacuum between the chambers, and it let's the hydrogen chamber cool down again.  Can also add some statues into the hydrogen chamber for similar effect to what Kabrute has going on.

I just closed the game and it's 3.30am, or i'd post a screenshot, hopefully you can picture what I'm describing.

9 hours ago, TheOlz said:

Hydrogen chamber with weezeworts, metal tiles and airlocks sitting above water chamber is a pretty easy way to transfer and delete heat.

Automate the airlocks so they open when desired temp has been reached, creating a vacuum between the chambers, and it let's the hydrogen chamber cool down again.  Can also add some statues into the hydrogen chamber for similar effect to what Kabrute has going on.

I just closed the game and it's 3.30am, or i'd post a screenshot, hopefully you can picture what I'm describing.

so ill make a chamber with hydrogen, cool it, then drop the water with automated airlock? rinse and repeat?

I did say it was 3.30am right?! haha

Sorry, @Lutzkhie it wasn't a great explanation.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer as to what I meant.  (I lazy mode debug'd it, so the weezeworts would normally be planted properly)

Let the top chamber cool right down, -20C or so before closing the doors the first time

image.thumb.png.e0a2a7ebef0ec0d7a34f50d90f16092f.pngimage.thumb.png.876e859cd7a5c1981b492dd30b97d998.png

It transfers heat really well... to give an idea if you were to try to push it really low with the temp before the doors open - basically instant ice from the steam :D

image.thumb.png.ea38225ea15d86def9020d5026f8371a.png

5 hours ago, TheOlz said:

I did say it was 3.30am right?! haha

Sorry, @Lutzkhie it wasn't a great explanation.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer as to what I meant.  (I lazy mode debug'd it, so the weezeworts would normally be planted properly)

Let the top chamber cool right down, -20C or so before closing the doors the first time

image.thumb.png.e0a2a7ebef0ec0d7a34f50d90f16092f.pngimage.thumb.png.876e859cd7a5c1981b492dd30b97d998.png

It transfers heat really well... to give an idea if you were to try to push it really low with the temp before the doors open - basically instant ice from the steam :D

image.thumb.png.ea38225ea15d86def9020d5026f8371a.png

wow, thanks, you even sacrificed one dupe lol haha

19 hours ago, midjones said:

You're next problem is that once you feed that cooled water into your electrolyzers, it will output oxygen at 70c regardless of the water input's temperature. So you'll have to also deal with cooling the oxygen. Essentially, any water you feed to the electrolyzer may as well be hot water or else you're wasting energy. You can still cool water if you want to, but you may want to consider just feeding geyser water directly into electrolyzers (with insulated abysellite piping), and have 2nd geyser being cooled for your non-electrolyzer water.

electrolyzers suppose to produce 70c right, because im producing oxygen at them same temperature with the water i was pumping, 45c oxygen on the pipe and the vent is surrounded with two wheezys dropping it to atleast 20 to 22c

Electrolyzers do produce all their gas at 70C, but unless you are producing it in a vacuum it's going to be affected by everything surrounding it the moment it's pumped out, so if the room is already under 70C you won't see the o2 hit that temp.

In fact, even in a vacuum you probably won't see it, because the electrolyzer itself will affect the o2 temp.

Also, RIP Nikola, never forget :D haha

Archived