How heat transfer when a material used up?

Basicly, for natural gas generator, electrolyzer, Fertilizer Synthesizer, Oil Refinery, Oil well, Petroleum Generator, etc. do the temperature of gas/liquid goes into the buildings affect the temperature of out? If so, how much? If not, what's the temperature for the outputs? For the purpose of thermo control, I think these data are quite important. Are these data available in the source file? Does anybody know?

On January 18, 2018 at 12:45 AM, NanoD said:

Electrolyzer have 70 C out put.

Ack. Wish I'd known about this earlier. :p I was using cooled approximately 60°F water for a couple of electrolyzers, which was taking away from my main cool water reservoir. It'll be nice to have that back. :)

On 1/17/2018 at 11:34 PM, Heady said:

Basicly, for natural gas generator, electrolyzer, Fertilizer Synthesizer, Oil Refinery, Oil well, Petroleum Generator, etc. do the temperature of gas/liquid goes into the buildings affect the temperature of out? If so, how much? If not, what's the temperature for the outputs? For the purpose of thermo control, I think these data are quite important. Are these data available in the source file? Does anybody know?

It depends on the machine.  Some have fixed temperatures for their outputs, others do not.  For example, for the natural gas generator and the petroleum generator, the temperature of the outputs is based on the temperature of the machine itself.  Their temperature is, of course, determined by the environment around them, the heat they create, but also the temperature of input gas/liquid that's sitting in their storage.  Once the gas/liquid is used from their storage then their heat is destroyed.  If it's used nearly instantly, then it has little affect on the temp of the machine.

This is fairly important for the petroleum generator as it has an internal storage of 30KG for petroleum.  Thus, if the machine keeps a constant amount of hot petroleum in it, the machine will tend to run hot as well.  For the natural/hydrogen generators, this isn't so much of an issue as their storage's are much smaller and gases then to have less thermal heat in them then liquids.  For the fertilizer synthesizer and the oil refinery, they run hot if you put hot polluted water and oil into them and run cooler with cold products put into them, however the temp of their outputs its fixed, like the electrolyzer.

It's important to note that any building that has some kind of internal storage will be effected by the temperature of the stuff your putting into it.  Like hydroponics tiles will heat up or cool down based upon the temp of the liquids your putting into them, even if you're throttling the amount smaller then what the plants accept.  The liquid stays in the tile for some X amount of time and so effects its temperature by X some amount.

Pro tip for the nat gas gens their outputs are the same temp as the generator itself so if you have a pump with a aqua tuner at the bottom of the plant you can drip some slightly cooled polluted water on the generators for a plant that will rapidly decrease in temperature Indefinitely for all you're cooling needs.

4 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

It's important to note that any building that has some kind of internal storage will be effected by the temperature of the stuff your putting into it.  Like hydroponics tiles will heat up or cool down based upon the temp of the liquids your putting into them...

I'm seeing on the Wiki that you can use geyser water when irrigating hydroponics tiles with Bristle Blossom plants as long as Abyssalite pipes are used. Two questions: Does this still currently apply, and do those pipes need to be insulated or just regular? I'm assuming regular Abyssalite pipes are okay?

31 minutes ago, Lamkin said:

I'm seeing on the Wiki that you can use geyser water when irrigating hydroponics tiles with Bristle Blossom plants as long as Abyssalite pipes are used. Two questions: Does this still currently apply, and do those pipes need to be insulated or just regular? I'm assuming regular Abyssalite pipes are okay?

Well, yes regular Abyssalite pipes are fine.  I've never really had to use insulated pipes for liquids as long as I used Abyssalite pipes.  On the other hand, while the abyssalite pipes will let you move hot geyser around with no issue, they did change it one or two major versions back where the stuff in the internal storage of buildings now affects their temperature.  Before it did not, so that bit is out of date.  Those hydroponic tiles will tend to heat up with hot geyser water being piped into them now.

Archived