Breakdown of the mechanical filter(Why it works)

image.thumb.png.ccf1ebc865883246aadee9795a8fc4b3.png

Everything that passes a white, tries to go through it,  by looping from out to in, whatever comes out of the valve will try to go back into it first.

We set the valve to a 5 grams and each packet that hits the valve sends 5 grams in a loop running from green to white around the valve.

image.thumb.png.508070248445a35398d185f795015f85.png

image.thumb.png.b15c7ccdd48f06e7a6fd61aa7db647bf.png

image.thumb.png.7df0f97696c8f6faeb5cb018ea06e3bd.png

Attaching a bridge green to the line starts feeding it material, whatever you pass into the line will send 5 gram through the valve in a loop, the rest onward until you have 5 gram packet at each spot in the loop, at this point the filter is primed because the bridges can now only add to whatever material is already in the line.

image.thumb.png.884f7c0ade7b1b774fa078d1f4787f82.png

image.thumb.png.c29c8d14b6b3c468e6ac5ff1eb58835f.png

image.thumb.png.f065d273114c2cc7a2ce2862eaf0b3af.png

Notice that there is no hydrogen beyond the filter, any gas not accepted from the line simply continues down the original tube(row of whites)  These filters are flexible but not foolproof and need to be preset a bit more carefully than powered ones.

image.thumb.png.da3cfbff90864e21064cc45143eaa376.png

This valve gives us flow control and lets us prime the system.  Generally I take the smallest packet in the tube, divide by 4 and set my valve at that, this way every gas is broken up into 4 parts to prime each filter in the sequence.

image.thumb.png.f502451a4731e25717eaf502360e65c0.png

The two bridge filters are 95% effective, catching all but a constant flood of 1k packs,

image.thumb.png.c01b9487e66ee6e1f4aaba494d21c80f.png

the triple bridge is 99% as it will soak that 1k flood for almost a cycle before it starts slipping XD its a million times easier to fit the double into a compression system though.

Notice my feeder valve is supplying the input from the bottom side of the valves.  This is on purpose as I have noticed half the performance when feeding from the other direction.  As such to change the direction of your input flow, swap your valves around the other direction and adjust that scorpion tail as necessary. Your filtered output will come from the valves inlet(white) as at most 998 gram packets because the valve always sends a gram through itself.  Is there any way I could make this easier to understand or any part of this where someone would like additional explanation.  Credit to @PVD for the original,  @Saturnus and @Kasuha for continuing to share and evolve.

@Kabrute  thanks for your time to put this thread together. I'm the target demographic for this! I've seen the posts with you and others mentioning 'mechanical filter' and i didnt know how it works. After reading the post several times....i still dont get it. I feel like it needs another pic in between the 2nd and 3rd image showing the intermediary assembly steps. What is the green output directly to the left of the valve building input?

Some of those white bridges are just in there to show that it is working and wont allow a different gas to be input, correct? Can you just show an image of the correctly set up mechanical filter without the 'testing' pipes too?

Thanks!

Atlas

Archived