Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Recommended Posts

Zillvr    1,592

Hey again @TotalTrashDream, manually adding mods can be tricky so I looked over the guide you used in the other thread. Adding mods would be a two-fold process. First is autogenerating a modoverrides.lua file and second is copying over the mod files into the correct location. Make sure that the servers are shutdown first before making changes.

Use the following command in the console window to shutdown servers individually:

c_shutdown()

 And here we go, so bear with me.

Step 1 - Autogenerating modoverrides.lua file:

  • Open DST, click Play
  • Click Host Game
  • In the left column click New Server in the the 5th slot (we're using the 5th for easy reference)
  • Under the Mods tab on the Host Game screen, enable all the server mods you want and configure them accordingly.
  • Once you've properly changed the settings to your liking, then Generate World.
  • Once world is generated, disconnect from server and close DST.
  • In file explorer, go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_5\Master and select modoverrides.lua (this is the autogenerated file based on what you just configured) and copy it.
  • Then go to your dedicated server folder Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master and paste it there (it should be beside the server.ini file)
  • Then do the same for your Caves world (just to be sure mods are also activated in the caves world). go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Caves and paste another copy of the modoverrides.lua file
  • Autogenerating step done!

Step 2 - Copying over the Mod Files:

  • Make sure DST has all the mods you want downloaded, if they are then go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods and highlight every mod folder (named workshop-###)
  • Now go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and paste all the mod folders there.
  • Copying over the mod files step done!

Step 3 - Test it out!

  • Start up your dedicated servers
  • Start up DST
  • Enter your server and see if mods are working or not.

Disclaimer: Not all mods are compatible with each other so issues may arise if the specific mods haven't been updated in a while or don't work well with other mods. I suggest testing out mod compatibility in a self-player-hosted server first through the Host Game screen, before moving things over to dedicated.

I haven't done any of these in a while so hopefully it works right off the bat. Good luck, cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Hey again @TotalTrashDream, manually adding mods can be tricky so I looked over the guide you used in the other thread. Adding mods would be a two-fold process. First is autogenerating a modoverrides.lua file and second is copying over the mod files into the correct location. Make sure that the servers are shutdown first before making changes.

Use the following command in the console window to shutdown servers individually:


c_shutdown()

 And here we go, so bear with me.

Step 1 - Autogenerating modoverrides.lua file:

  • Open DST, click Play
  • Click Host Game
  • In the left column click New Server in the the 5th slot (we're using the 5th for easy reference)
  • Under the Mods tab on the Host Game screen, enable all the server mods you want and configure them accordingly.
  • Once you've properly changed the settings to your liking, then Generate World.
  • Once world is generated, disconnect from server and close DST.
  • In file explorer, go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_5\Master and select modoverrides.lua (this is the autogenerated file based on what you just configured) and copy it.
  • Then go to your dedicated server folder Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master and paste it there (it should be beside the server.ini file)
  • Then do the same for your Caves world (just to be sure mods are also activated in the caves world). go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_5\Caves and paste another copy of the modoverrides.lua file
  • Autogenerating step done!

Step 2 - Copying over the Mod Files:

  • Make sure DST has all the mods you want downloaded, if they are then go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods and highlight every mod folder (named workshop-###)
  • Now go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and paste all the mod folders there.
  • Copying over the mod files step done!

Step 3 - Test it out!

  • Start up your dedicated servers
  • Start up DST
  • Enter your server and see if mods are working or not.

Disclaimer: Not all mods are compatible with each other so issues may arise if the specific mods haven't been updated in a while or don't work well with other mods. I suggest testing out mod compatibility in a self-player-hosted server first through the Host Game screen, before moving things over to dedicated.

I haven't done any of these in a while so hopefully it works right off the bat. Good luck, cheers.

thank you once again, @Zillvr! works perfectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
monarchos    0

I am hosting the DST server.  If one of my other players wants to have the same mods as me in an already set up server, am I the only one who needs to do these steps?  What about the other players? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zillvr    1,592
11 hours ago, monarchos said:

I am hosting the DST server.  If one of my other players wants to have the same mods as me in an already set up server, am I the only one who needs to do these steps?  What about the other players? Thanks

Only the host(you) would need to be doing these steps to add mods to the server. These steps are specifically for mods that are specified as Server Mods. While Client Mods, are mods players can personally enable themselves. All Server Mods active on a Dedicated Server will be automatically downloaded by clients/otherplayers once they enter the server. They only need to make sure that in they enable "Auto-Subscribe Mods" in the Options > Settings. 

That specific option specifies whether the game would automatically download mods that is necessary on any server players will attempt to join. I believe it's enabled by default so they simply only need to join the server. If error appears "i.e. you do not have the mods to join this server", then make sure they enable that specific option in the Settings menu.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iamjudd    0

I made my server based off of this:

 

Not sure where I should be putting everything for my server.

I have:

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Caves

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kertinker    200
6 hours ago, iamjudd said:

Not sure where I should be putting everything for my server.

I have:

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Caves

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master

 

Master, generally. Caves is the "slave" shard, and gets all its logins and mods from Master, as well as timer updates and stuff.

(Is it possible to have mods enabled only for the Caves shard? It does have its own modoverrides.lua file!)

But remember you have to put the actual mod files in the "mods" folder in the folder wherever your DST dedicated server program is located. In the tutorial you linked, the folder for the actual mods wouldn't be Master or Caves, but 

c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods

 

There's also the parent:

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\

where adminlist.txt and the cluster files goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites