Self sustain Bathroom problem

Hi all, Im new to the game but already enjoying it a lot. 

I have a issue with my self sustain bathroom. Have a look on the picture bellowWhat is happening is that once the bathroom is used after some time the pipes are getting full and my duplicants cant use them anymore. Could someone advise the sollution of the problem? I dont really want to dump the polluted water somewhere else and i want to recycle and use it.

Thanks For the advise!

5a55d442ccbd7_bathroom2.thumb.png.dbff3dad147c4de94a60518d383f3e0d.png

Wow, @Saturnus.  That is way better than my strategy (unless the mid pipe input thing is a bug).  My strategy was to put a buffer in and have a liquid valve set to like 500-1000 grams.  They don't produce that much extra stuff in the lavatory, so with a large enough buffer.  Yours is better because with the wrong settings on the valve, the entire system can fail.  To high, it runs out of water.  Too low with a lot of dupes and it occasionally back up.

However, I do think that self sustaining bathrooms are a bit unclean since the germ update.  Who wants to wash their hands with food poisoning germs?  I'm willing to bet in the future there will be consequences for using germy water in the sinks (maybe not the lavatories).  I usually clean the water and pipe it to an electrolyzer and supply new clean water from a geyser.  This works up to a very large number of duplicants, provides extra oxygen, and the food poisoning germs die very quickly in the hot air oxygen or get destroyed in a hydrogen generator.

1 minute ago, Zarquan said:

Wow, @Saturnus.  That is way better than my strategy (unless the mid pipe input thing is a bug).  

Cheers. It's not a bug. It's simply how bridges work. They take whatever is on the input and place it on the output if there is room, so excess will flow past the bridge input point because the buffer pipe is filled up.

I would like to point out that all bugs currently in the game are how things work.  It might be how it works, but it might not be how they meant it to work, which is what would make it a bug.  The pipe interaction does feel odd to me.

I think Zarquan you are missing the point here, the interaction feels odd because you are used to the idea of a fluid in a pipe not a packet on a line.  The packet has numerical values that can be split into smaller packets, and a lable to determine what it is but otherwise that is what it is.  A data packet floating on a line.  When it hits an exit it takes it if available, hence bridges, vents, buildings.  If the exit is blocked and it can move past then it does.

image.thumb.png.2b5b5a9b3982a23425f04b6cb43de905.png

They are the same, as long as the bridge is open everything will flow through it. It doesnt matter which side you feed these lines from, heck image.thumb.png.00714a2a858c6d7e423894a921562622.png

Its not efficient or smart mebe but this will feed all 4 lines into 1 bridge........

image.thumb.png.955c8fc60737a4556c800587f880edd4.png

Now the top line is an overflow

image.thumb.png.0455e3b2bd84ae1600d8eb9d3b21abf2.png

Now the far right feeds the right hand bridge, the bottom and left feed into the center split and then bounce up or right. If up is blocked it will back up to the cross, if right is blocked it will create confusion in the line as the bridges try to feed past it to each other XD

I would agree that is part of why it feels odd.  I have played this game for a while and have mostly gotten used to the packet paradigm. They could have reasonably done this in a way more people would expect without breaking any of the main physical laws of the game.  Specifically, they could have had in-line input be treated like a branching pipe.  I personally (at first glance) expected it to be treated like a branching pipe, so every other packet goes in the input and every other goes through the pipe, which would be consistent with the packet structure of the game.

I would like to point out that this isn't a critique of how Klei implemented this feature.  I am just pointing out that it feels a bit odd to me, but I am sure I can work around it.

1 minute ago, Zarquan said:

I personally (at first glance) expected it to be treated like a branching pipe, so every other packet goes in the input and every other goes through the pipe, which would be consistent with the packet structure of the game.

Well, that is the reason you use bridges or pipe joints. They behave differently. If they didn't there wouldn't be much point in them.

I always thought the intended purpose of liquid bridges was to be a bridge and go over other liquid pipes, hence the name "liquid bridge".  This is actually part of why I think this might be a slightly unintended feature.

Of course, I consider it perfectly plausible that it was unintended and they decided "Hey, that's great!" and left it in.  That's how a lot of game features get added in to games.  I know I use liquid bridges as one way valves all the time.

Archived