Cold Biomes & Wheezeworts

so i have been wondering, does the cold biome have some sort of cooling effect (removes heat slowly) or is it the same as any other biome but has less heat to start with? if it's so then that means you can completely warm up a cold biome.

and how much Whezewort is there in a standard map?

2 minutes ago, Wolfcream23 said:

so i have been wondering, does the cold biome have some sort of cooling effect (removes heat slowly) or is it the same as any other biome but has less heat to start with? if it's so then that means you can completely warm up a cold biome.

and how much Whezewort is there in a standard map?

No, yes. Yes. Random but usually mid-20s.

45 minutes ago, Wolfcream23 said:

i've been wasting time building cooling systems in the cold biome which is quite far away from my base.

I wouldn't look at it as a negative. I see it as buying time. Using the cold biomes as a heat sink can let you set up hot machinery earlier and not have to worry about it for many many cycles.

As per Saturnus comment building it away from the main base can be a benefit. For example keeping the heat away to stop your farms from cooking.

Also there is a lot of cold mass in those areas. Injecting some heat can help you in the long run.

In my current main colony I am having an issue with cold because I bulldozed half of the asteroid without building any hot machinery. If I was to go back I wouldn't have worried about building hot things.

My freezing problem I wish I had added some heat. Currently clinging to the warm biomes for comfort.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.92dffe74664a4e88c354333175da56e8.png

Edit: If anyone can suggest a way to warm up such a large area I'm interested.

39 minutes ago, Moggles said:

Edit: If anyone can suggest a way to warm up such a large area I'm interested.

Have you seen the threads on cooking crude oil into natural gas? Let some of that 600C gas in there. That should do it.

Archived