Hydrogen/Vacuum/0W Power Freezer

If you're deleting hydrogen to cool something it effectively uses power. The OPs set up uses just over 10g/s H2 which is 80W. 85W if we include the power for the air pump.

Regardless, it is a bug that was supposed to have been fixed, and indeed was several times but it seems to reappear every time a new branch is released.

In any case, I'd consider putting something like this in my base.  It's sorta like an anti-entropy device in how it functions.  Feed it a gas and it deletes heat.  Although, in this case, it deletes an -enormous- amount of heat.  On the other hand, something like the water sieve can also delete an enormous amount of heat as well.  So yeah...

I'd feel better about taking advantage of bugs like this and super compressing IF the mechanized airlocks actually required power to use and I'm not talking about constant power draw, as that's silly.  I mean just using power only when they open and close.  Perhaps this will be something they'll add to a future update.  I'm sure this wouldn't be a popular idea, but it's kinda silly that the mechanized airlocks have no drawback compared to the manual airlock.

Oh, and storage compactors that can be made from either ore or refined metals would be nice. >_>

5 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

In any case, I'd consider putting something like this in my base.

Think twice before you do that. liquid drip cooling can delete heat more efficient and be more easily controlled than the super cooling door.

But If you intend to liquefy hydrogen (and polluted oxygen), I think the super cooling door will be the best choice. However, use with caution. As Saturnus said, 'The gas inside the doors are set to the temperature of a vacuum', which is equal to -273.15℃ in game, a dangerous temperature that sometimes causes game crash.

Archived