How to cool petroleum generator?

5 hours ago, eloy2030 said:

I cool the Nat generators and the dump that water over the petroleum generators. works pretty well.

Coldgen1.thumb.png.48b92e695b0d5a56b3a51b6c53e39ddb.png

It does, it's pretty much what I ended up doing myself.  Started with a partially melted ice biome (Due to the Nat Geyser nearby) and by chance was able to easily pool the polluted water together.  Started with running natural gas gens and recently added a petroleum gen to it.  The trick is to start it when it's cold as it will produce cold polluted water and CO2 at it's temperature.  

Furthermore, if you don't run the petroleum generator constantly, then you'll want to find a way to keep it's internal storage of petroleum mostly empty as it can hold nearly 30Kgs of the stuff inside of it.  If you don't, the hot petroleum inside of it will just make it harder to cool the machine.  This is why I have a normal valve and two separate shut-off valves leading into my generator.  As soon as the generator shuts off, so do the valves, preventing too much petroleum from being stored in the generator while it's off.

Archived