The number of Geysers

OK. It is possible, but takes some work.

image.thumb.png.2274b67b174638d2d11ecf66d6521d6b.png

You need to make more POI files for the geysers.  Quickest way to do this is to copy paste and rename the old ones.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates\poi

poi_swamp_geyser_methane.yaml

poi_swamp_geyser_steam.yaml

poi_jungle_geyser_methane.yaml

poi_jungle_geyser_steam.yaml

Copy paste those 4 files and rename the duplicates with a number at the end for however many duplicates you want. You will need to also open the file and change the name on line one to also have the number at the end. e.g.  "name: poi_jungle_geyser_steam2"

Next you need to modify the rules for generating the world.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds

HotMarsh.yaml and Jungle.yaml are what we care about here.

Look for the geysers section, you can add more geysers like this:
    geysers_a:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_steam
    geysers_b:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_chlorine
    geysers_c:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_steam2
    geysers_d:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_methane
    geysers_e:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_methane2

Note I changed geysers_b, default is:

geysers_b:

The default now means you get either chlorine or natural gas.  I modified to for guaranteed chlorine.

I must have missed something though because I set it up to have 4 steam geysers but only ended up with 3.  It did make 4 natural gas and 1 chlorine as expected though.  Also you can just delete the ruins sections here if you dont like them.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Well. You can't.

You can leave a suggestion in the suggestion forum though.

It would be actually pretty cool if we had ways to modify the worldgen. They also implemented that in DS/DST, so I hope they will in ONI. The more extensive the options the better :)

59 minutes ago, jiaonichifanla said:

I will only modify the density of the mobs

I don't quite understand why you wouldn't use debug mode for this. ONI is not competitive in any sense of the word. Also if you wanto to alter the rules then you might as well just copy paste one of your geysers. It's the same level of 'cheating'.

8 hours ago, donutman07 said:

OK. It is possible, but takes some work.

image.thumb.png.2274b67b174638d2d11ecf66d6521d6b.png

You need to make more POI files for the geysers.  Quickest way to do this is to copy paste and rename the old ones.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates\poi

poi_swamp_geyser_methane.yaml

poi_swamp_geyser_steam.yaml

poi_jungle_geyser_methane.yaml

poi_jungle_geyser_steam.yaml

Copy paste those 4 files and rename the duplicates with a number at the end for however many duplicates you want. You will need to also open the file and change the name on line one to also have the number at the end. e.g.  "name: poi_jungle_geyser_steam2"

Next you need to modify the rules for generating the world.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds

HotMarsh.yaml and Jungle.yaml are what we care about here.

Look for the geysers section, you can add more geysers like this:
    geysers_a:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_steam
    geysers_b:
    geysers_c:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_steam2
    geysers_d:
    geysers_e:
      - poi_jungle_geyser_methane2

Note I changed geysers_b, default is:

geysers_b:

The default now means you get either chlorine or natural gas.  I modified to for guaranteed chlorine.

I must have missed something though because I set it up to have 4 steam geysers but only ended up with 3.  It did make 4 natural gas and 1 chlorine as expected though.  Also you can just delete the ruins sections here if you dont like them.

Thanks for your help.

Archived