High ping on same wifi

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I couldn't locate a technical support thread, and am not running a dedicated server so I apologize if this is a poor spot for the post. 

I just bought the game to play in the house with my fiancé but the ping has been so high whoever isn't hosting has to deal with considerable lag. It has either shown ???/223/445 ping. My internet runs off a modem and airport extreme 2nd gen  I have taken the router offline and tried the built-in wifi of the modem (hitron), but no change. Port 10999 is open on my modem already. My internet speed is 150mbps download 15mbps up. Here is a recent test of my speed.

When she plays at her friends place they get a ping of 16. I'm hoping someone here can help point me in the right direction to get this resolved. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 12.01.40 PM.png

47 minutes ago, bgranke said:

We access the server from the online list. Is there something I need to do for it to show in LAN?

Thats the problem, you need to play on LAN if you share the same network so you can both have 0 Ping, make sure both computers share the same network and have like the same IP for example 192.168.0.xxx where the "xxx" is different for both computers that IP is given by the router, so when you are done you should see your server on LAN, dnt worry you still get presents and stuff.

28 minutes ago, Soulk said:

Thats the problem, you need to play on LAN if you share the same network so you can both have 0 Ping, make sure both computers share the same network and have like the same IP for example 192.168.0.xxx where the "xxx" is different for both computers that IP is given by the router, so when you are done you should see your server on LAN, dnt worry you still get presents and stuff.

well if you didn't set "isolate wifi clients" or something, they'll only be affected by wifi pcktloss (which is bad on it's own), since it'll be treated the same way as if it'd be lan, i think it's checked off by default too.

1 hour ago, bgranke said:

We access the server from the online list. Is there something I need to do for it to show in LAN?

check the LAN tab in server list (if it's still there)

Archived