(Steam) Achievements for Don't Starve Together

Achievements for DST?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Achievements for DST?

On 12/15/2017 at 9:26 AM, fimmatek said:

i don't agree with this. Most of the things in don't starve aren't needed to be done, they just make the life easier or better. You don't need any walking cane, you'll get from A to B anyways, you don't need the eyebrella because you can make an umbrella instead. You don't need thulecite, because you can make quite good armor, weapons and other stuff without it already. You don't even need a base, you can play and survive nomad if you wish, just by hunting koalaphants.
Also fighting is a quite optional thing in DST, you can avoid it in most cases. Lure the hounds into a beefalo herd, hire pigs for spiders, chase that koalaphant to a tentacle or a tall bird etc... even bosses are optional, even deerclops and bearger if you lure them away from base.

--This.  This is pretty much the way I play; and say what you want about me (and people have)...I think it's more FUN.  I like being tricksy and strategy...y BECAUSE most games _do_  just force you to fight and that's it.  I'm very much of the "If it's not harming anything, why mess with it?" mindset when it comes to Don't Starve, which is why I let peaceful Beargers just wander around the woods and neutral treeguards hang out at/near base (they're both good with hounds!)   I also like any time I can get rid of TWO annoyances at once, such as luring the Deerclops into that HUGE mess of spider dens...so in the spring I can finally mine those damn rocks safely.  : P  And--BONUS!--tons of silk!

Mind you, I often tend to play alone even in Together, so...

As for achievements...it'd be an extra kinda little bit of fun, I guess, but if you're going to do it AT ALL it should be in singleplayer even if _that_.  That way, no arguments about "But _I_ did the most damage!" could pop up, at least.  But I kinda agree with that old Klei interview/article thing (I KNEW somebody was gonna link that, and if they didn't I would've) that the game is best when you make up your own goals.

Want structured challenges?  There totally are some.  Stuff like the Nomad Challenge, No Science Machine, that one thing with a randomised mini-quest every day and a randomised punishment if you didn't do it which I don't remember where the hell I found it...  (and my own "March of Civilization" challenge, in which each chapter takes an entire in-game year.  Yep.)  Caves-only, summer start...turn everything up to "More" or "Lots"...lotsa weird stuff you can try, it's just that you don't get a cute little announcement when you do it.  : P

...Notorious

Archived