Let me build lockers.for my dupes. You would be able to assign a locker to a dupe or leave it unsigned. So you can assign each dupe all the outfits. You click the locker and assign fancy clothes or warm clothes or whatnot. to each dupe, one slot for each type of clothing. The checkpoints could required certain clothes. So for example your dupe might get up, shower, eat, put on a warm sweater go work in the cold biome, switch to a cold suit, go dig some lava up and finally switch to the fancy suit and go down to the disco for some R&R. Oh, we also need a disco. DJ station, disco ball, lighted floor. Decor and stress bonus.

Using lockers in ruins is not practical at all because ruins and biomes are placed randomly and can be far away to each other. Also amount of lockers are limited but dupes not. Because of that lockers should be able to build and I like this Idea. Right now I don't use clothes at all because changing them is tedious and I rather deal witch dupes stress then changing their clothes.

I think they should add a building that functions as a storage container and checkpoint for the clothing items at the same time, similar to the exosuit buildings, maybe a changing room with an arrow. For example if you are letting your dupes work in an ice biome, you could build a changing room at it's entrance, fill it with sweaters and point the arrow towards the ice biome and then the dupes will put on a sweater when entering the ice biome and put it off again when leaving.

Archived