Why can't I place this trap???

So I'm trying to fill a room in my base with tooth traps, but there is this one spot where a tooth trap should go that is arbitrarily refusing to let me place anything and it's driving me crazy. I even waited until nightfall to see if there were fireflies there stopping me but there aren't. Someone want to explain what's going on and how I can fix it?

20171128181456_1.jpg

20171128181630_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hey @treehugger0123, welcome to the forums. Have you tried turning the camera orientation around? Usually that helps placing down things so close together with the Geometric Placement mod.

I've been here for a few days but thanks :p And yes, I've rotated the camera and none of the angles work.

2 hours ago, starrynytex said:

When using that mod, I also encounter this and I end up having to relog in order to place the object. Works every time.

By relog, do you mean quit the game and reenter? Because that hasn't worked either. Also, that second screenshot was with the mod deactivated, so it looks to me like something's bugged about that spot specifically.

@treehugger0123 if something unknown specifically bugged out in that location have you tried the delete entity under mouse command? It may get rid of any entity that could be existing in that position that blocks placement but is invisible for some odd reason.

Delete Item Under Mouse Console Command:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

After pressing enter, it deletes the item under your mouse

WARNING: Be cautious when using the command cause it will delete anything and absolutely anything that your CURSOR is hovering on.

So clear out the area around it a bit and just to be safe, drop off every item you have elsewhere before you do this. I wouldn't want to be the cause of unintentional grief.  Be careful.

8 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@treehugger0123 if something unknown specifically bugged out in that location have you tried the delete entity under mouse command? It may get rid of any entity that could be existing in that position that blocks placement but is invisible for some odd reason.

Delete Item Under Mouse Console Command:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

After pressing enter, it deletes the item under your mouse

WARNING: Be cautious when using the command cause it will delete anything and absolutely anything that your CURSOR is hovering on.

So clear out the area around it a bit and just to be safe, drop off every item you have elsewhere before you do this. I wouldn't want to be the cause of unintentional grief.  Be careful.

I went the simpler route of backing up the save file :p But when I tried that command I got "attempt to index a nil value"

ETA: As a control, I hovered my mouse over a placed tooth trap before running the command. The trap vanished with no additional message, and I just used alt+f4 to revert back.

I noticed your firepit on the opposite side of your trap room so my best guess now is that the spot you can't place the trap on was a spawn point for a shadow hand that somehow got stuck when the morning came. Sadly I don't know what entity gets generated when those shadow hands spawn regardless of the entity, the command returned nil value since the position under the mouse in that spot had nothing to delete.

I'm stumped, if I can think of anything else that may help, I'll drop by again. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

I noticed your firepit on the opposite side of your trap room so my best guess now is that the spot you can't place the trap on was a spawn point for a shadow hand that somehow got stuck when the morning came. Sadly I don't know what entity gets generated when those shadow hands spawn regardless of the entity, the command returned nil value since the position under the mouse in that spot had nothing to delete.

I'm stumped, if I can think of anything else that may help, I'll drop by again. Sorry.

I think I recall seeing a Shadow Hand exactly once but I don't think it came at me from that angle(IIRC it came from what is now my drying rack room). I'll ask starrynytex for more info when he/she comes on since he/she seems to have been around this block before. Thanks anyway.

22 hours ago, treehugger0123 said:

By relog, do you mean quit the game and reenter? Because that hasn't worked either. Also, that second screenshot was with the mod deactivated, so it looks to me like something's bugged about that spot specifically.

Yes, that is what I meant. That's unfortunate that it isn't working for you in this case. I usually just save and quit to the main menu and just reselect my world and ta-da. The only other time I have encountered an area where I was unable to place anything was in the desert with the vulture and tumbleweed spawners. I wish I could be of more help!

Maybe try uninstalling the mod and trying that way? Try to narrow down the culprit.

22 hours ago, starrynytex said:

Yes, that is what I meant. That's unfortunate that it isn't working for you in this case. I usually just save and quit to the main menu and just reselect my world and ta-da. The only other time I have encountered an area where I was unable to place anything was in the desert with the vulture and tumbleweed spawners. I wish I could be of more help!

Maybe try uninstalling the mod and trying that way? Try to narrow down the culprit.

I don't see an uninstall option unless I'm blind. I disabled it and it still didn't work.

Archived