I need help with Crocodogs

Gromak

At day 100+ the waves of crocodgos are so large and its impossible to kill them without help from a pig village, beefalo herd, spider nests, traps, etc. The problem is the waves of crocodogs come insanely fast... every 5 days or so? So I cant explore or move away from my base.. because if the crocodogs come then I cant kill them with the mentioned help...  These crocodogs ruined my game honestly... I am now trapped near my base fighting wave after wave of these nasty things :(

1 hour ago, truepurple said:

Another problem is that no ones put this monster on the wiki and I didn't even know what to call it.   I finely found posts like this and that its based on hounds, so I looked them up.

Is it possible to attack their mounds?

They have no mounds, they just spawn every few days i waves and chase you to death

So those crocos can swim? So much for sailing away from them.

How do I defeat the Hounds to get the Hound tooth? How do I get hounds in the first place???

What are the mounds in the sand about? only decoration?  Examining them causes something like 'stay out of my shoes'

Yes, Crocodogs can swim. Just like I said in previous post, sail towards Ballphins when attacked by Crocodogs. These Crocodogs also drop Hound Tooth.

The mound in the sand is Sharkitten Den which spawns Sharkittens and Tiger Shark (boss) if you are near it during Monsoon season.

You can kite and hit for initial Crocodogs attacks. Even if you have a few Hound Tooth, you can make traps to lower their health. Cutlass Supreme deals more damage than the Spear and is fairly cheap to make. It kills normal Crocodogs in three hits and kills Yellow and Blue in two hits.

Edit: You can use Attacks Reset mod to reset attacks after certain number of days.

After 100 days or so, the best solution is a few rows of elephant cactus. Leave a cactus suit on both ends just in case you forget. If the elephant cactus gets damaged, just dig them up (shovel), plant and fertilize with 1 ash. Low maintenance compared to a tooth trap field which not only requires the teeth (i have chests full btw), logs and rope --- for only 10 uses and they disappear.

I have no trouble with crocodogs waves when I am near my base(lots of defenses) or if Im near a herd of wter beefalo or pod of dolphins. The problem is when Im out exploring in a far away island or something... I can only run to some kind of defense with the wave on my tail and thats annoying... :S

You can outrun them and lead them all the way to base if you have ironwind and walking cane.

(I know it is harder to get the walking cane if the worlds are not merged with ROG)

Maybe it's time for a few more trap areas away from base?

This thread is a mess.

First of all, the sand mounds scattered around normal islands are not Sharkitten dens. They're simply normal sand hills that can be dug up to collect their sand. There's only one Sharkitten den per world, and it's marked as a "large sandy pile", so it's very hard to miss.

Early crocodog waves can very easily be kited. Just bait their attack, dodge, and hold down F until they're dead. Crocodogs are one of the easiest mobs to kite in the game.

Later on, yeah, Elephant Cacti are a good choice. I'd also recommend Ballphin palaces (relocated near your base) for Crocodog defense. They're cute little guys but they're vicious whenever something attacks a member of the pod.

On 28.11.2017 at 7:55 PM, Gromak said:

At day 100+ the waves of crocodgos are so large and its impossible to kill them without help from a pig village, beefalo herd, spider nests, traps, etc. The problem is the waves of crocodogs come insanely fast... every 5 days or so? So I cant explore or move away from my base.. because if the crocodogs come then I cant kill them with the mentioned help...  These crocodogs ruined my game honestly... I am now trapped near my base fighting wave after wave of these nasty things :(

Make one of these 

Obraz 326.png

Obraz 331.png

How do you get in and out of that first one?

Second one, i don't exactly get. Do the traps not trigger when you step on them?

Neither have firepits for some reason.

Regardless, you miss the main point, being trapped near bases. I suppose more bases allow you to explore further, but there is food and stuff to consider too.

18 hours ago, truepurple said:

How do you get in and out of that first one?

Second one, i don't exactly get. Do the traps not trigger when you step on them?

Neither have firepits for some reason.

Regardless, you miss the main point, being trapped near bases. I suppose more bases allow you to explore further, but there is food and stuff to consider too.

There's one without a wall on the left side leading to the road to get out. The cobblestone road is there so eyelets can't grow on it (even though you see one on there lol) and you have a way out.

Player walking on traps do not activate them.

I used to have fire pit and endothermic pit as well inside tooth trap fields but they are not that necessary. Everyone should have a miners hat by 100 days. Sure you will face temps but you should have dumbrella (as well as all fires precrafted just in case). Winters in SW aren't cold like in ROG.

Archived