Digging up Deciduous Turf

Hello!

As i found out recently deciduous turf (the one in the beech tree forest) behaves differently when picked up with a pitchfork than the others. The others are picked up in a nice square but this one get's kinda ragged. So when i tried to put a nice floor in my base, well there is ragged pieces of floor sticking out of the walls and deciduous turf inside my walls. Is there any way I can make this turf behave as the other? Is there a mod? Is there something in the gamefiles i can change? This is driving me nuts but completely moving my base (which is at day ~120 so has grown quite a bit) seems a bit daunting..

Check out the turf dominance order (https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Turfs). Some turfs have higher priority than others, and different turfs have different edges, which means that two different turfs placed beside each other may result in a ragged edge. You've just got to experiment with them, unfortunately, to find out which ones have neat edges and which ones don't.

When building a base in the deciduous biome, I usually put a ring of forest turf around the edges of the manmade turf to get a clean edge. I don’t know how this would look with walls, as I don’t usually build them except to pen in mobs. Are your walls for purely decorative purposes, or are you under the (mistaken) impression that they can protect you from enemies like hounds or spiders, both of which attack and destroy walls? If you just like the way they look, then you’ll need to experiment a bit to find the turf/wall combo that looks best, but as a general rule, always place the turf first because you just don’t know where the line will be until you do.

It looks nice yeah, but my problem is that you can't place a wall around it without flooring sticking out or original turf "sticking in". But i did some testing and it happens with other turfs besides deciduous as well so I guess I will have to live with that. 

But it is still weird how digging up works differently for deciduous..

Walls are indeed for looks I usually don't stay in my base for attacks :p  But as i said i tested some stuff with walls around floors and it seems impossible to get it completely straight, besides the carpet.. Also tried it on forest turf and there is the same issue, although it is slightly less ragged than deciduous. My ocd has to live with thatXD

Archived