My system to remove germs

Seems like you've taken a very calming activity and introduced some bad art and a pervy hatch...

:D

Love your creativity, nice work.

(just as an aside, you might want to fix those 4xAirlocks in a row - they eat gas like it's going out of fashion nowadays...)

1 hour ago, Bloxxed said:

What is the purpose of killing germs on materials in storage compactors? Both slimelung and food poisoning die on solids so chlorine gas seems like a waste.

They die significantly faster while surrounded by Chlorine.  Also, any Slime in those containers would be growing Slimelung were it not for the Chlorine.  Not to mention offgasing -- depends on the pressure of the Chlorine.

7 hours ago, sickofthis said:

What do you think guys? Its working and it does it job.

But you don't have latrine room bonus this way... :)

I try to prevent infected slime from creating infected polluted oxygen by disinfecting it before bringing to my base for mushroom fertilization.
So I needed some quick to build "portable" disinfection chamber that can be build in high pressure polluted oxygen areas even far away from base.

CbYQL0e.png

Idea is to collect that infected slime or gold/algae/... into container on the roof, then drop it from container and then rebuild top roof tile with different material.
That will very briefly deconstruct that tile and immediately build new one over it but it is enough to drop infected stuff inside mini 2x1 chlorine room without releasing any chlorine out or letting PO in.

Needs some micromanagement but digging out slime without infecting air is a lot of micromanagement anyway.

3 hours ago, bzgzd said:

But you don't have latrine room bonus this way... :)

I try to prevent infected slime from creating infected polluted oxygen by disinfecting it before bringing to my base for mushroom fertilization.
So I needed some quick to build "portable" disinfection chamber that can be build in high pressure polluted oxygen areas even far away from base.

Idea is to collect that infected slime or gold/algae/... into container on the roof, then drop it from container and then rebuild top roof tile with different material.
That will very briefly deconstruct that tile and immediately build new one over it but it is enough to drop infected stuff inside mini 2x1 chlorine room without releasing any chlorine out or letting PO in.

Needs some micromanagement but digging out slime without infecting air is a lot of micromanagement anyway.

Tell me how this works out for you once you've dug out half, or even a third of an asteroid ;) 

Just put your compactors in chlorine, dig like crazy, then nuke the slimelung with oxygen - simple as that :D 

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

Tell me how this works out for you once you've dug out half, or even a third of an asteroid ;) 

Just put your compactors in chlorine, dig like crazy, then nuke the slimelung with oxygen - simple as that :D 

What do you mean by nuke the slimelung with oxygen?

From what I tried only cooling down infected polluted oxygen would clean it and if I dig like crazy there would be infected polluted oxygen everywhere.
Slimelung on one small PO chunk will not die even when closed in room with chlorine geyser.

22 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Click some slimelung in game, then press the "extra info" or whatever the button is called on the right - will tell you all you need to know.

No new info there... tell me how to "nuke the slimelung with oxygen".

I know that slimelung will die when it infects or tries to infected oxygen but I don't see any way how to use oxygen to clean polluted oxygen infected by slimelung...

21 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

No new info there... tell me how to "nuke the slimelung with oxygen".

I know that slimelung will die when it infects or tries to infected oxygen but I don't see any way how to use oxygen to clean polluted oxygen infected by slimelung...

Sorry, I wasn't saying to kill slimelung in PO2 with Oxygen, I was saying use high pressure oxygen to kill slimelung.

Why would you "need" germ-free PO2?

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Fill it with Oxygen. Job done.

Hard to fill something that is already filled...

So to fill it with oxygen I would first need to make it empty and when I would make it empty there would be no slimelung left so no need "to fill" :)

Destroying all other gas then oxygen on whole asteroid sounds like not very easy job done.

Archived