Challenge Colonies (automation update)

Woo, I just finished my sleet wheat challenge. It was hard - took me 3 tries.

Partly because I just had to do it on weak+fatalist+stress, with random seed.

It's doable and pretty satisfying. Though also frustrating because of how RNG-dependent it can be - if you don't find a well populated (at least 2 nearly-grown sleets) ice biome within ~20 cycles, your only hope is finding a really well populated ice biome later, which just doesn't happen. Then you need to survive until harvest, meaning at least 20 cycles of waiting.

Fertilizer can actually run out on this challenge. It's very easy to keep it up, but it is actually possible to run out.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:45 PM, Zarquan said:

Coolthulhu,  I assume the basic nutrient bars can be eaten, because not eating those would be instant death.  Can you eat muckroot while you are setting up?  Can you eat combination foods, like stuffed berries?

Yeah, nutrient bars, muck root and hatch meat are fine. Just not banned plants. Pincha pepper is not banned because it can't be eaten - it can only produce calories by combining it with meat and meat is non-renewable. Vitamins are also OK because they have no calories.

Combination foods are allowed, except for berry sludge on sleet wheat difficulty (because it contains "lower grade" ingredient).

Archived