Did a update change how Spider Queen spawns work?

Hi,

Started playing the game again after a few months hiatus, mainly playing for the Halloween experience and the Forge. Anyway 47 days into my new game when i was heading to the Oasis to build my summer base i had to go through the nearby rocky biome filled with spider nests where all of a sudden one by one they spawned into queens..... now i have to deal with 8 yes EIGHT spider queens >.<

Forgive me if i'm wrong but was it not that a queen would not spawn if there were several tier 3 nests nearby? and they weren't just nearby they were clustered.

Was this a intentional change?

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Rene Valionus said:

Hi,

Started playing the game again after a few months hiatus, mainly playing for the Halloween experience and the Forge. Anyway 47 days into my new game when i was heading to the Oasis to build my summer base i had to go through the nearby rocky biome filled with spider nests where all of a sudden one by one they spawned into queens..... now i have to deal with 8 yes EIGHT spider queens >.<

Forgive me if i'm wrong but was it not that a queen would not spawn if there were several tier 3 nests nearby? and they weren't just nearby they were clustered.

Was this a intentional change?

Thank you! 

I'm preaty sure that spider queens were always able to spawns together. I mean when I play as Webber i always end up spawning 8 spider queens because i placed the eggs at the same time. Plus if you never visited this place the game might have just updated like ,,Oh yea the spider queens were supposed to spawn like 4 days ago"

3 hours ago, spideswine said:

I thought there was a limit of three queens in a certain proximity to one another, so I don't know.

the limit of 3 is based off of how many nests / queens are in the area in order to duplicate the nest if it is more than that the queen will take the nest with her

Archived