D-Latch As a Buildable Logic Gate?

Is there a chance we could get a D-Latch as a buildable logic gate? As of right now they're absolutely possible to build, but would be awesome to have a compact version of it to be able to make other types of memory circuits like a T-flip flop (without the need of a clock).

I've made an example of a T-flip flop using 2 D-Latches using the current logic gates, but would be awesome if I could reduce it down to 1/4 of its size.image.png.6197b53223e0fed206fffe873dc25df2.png

It could be awesome to have "Integrated circuit" that have 4 I/O and inside space for logic gates.

It would be like:
- build Integrated circuit 2x2 with 4 joints
- go inside Integrated circuit that have 16x16 grid and 4 joints (they're the same joins show outside)
- build your logic gates and connect to the joints
- leave Integrated circuit that have logic gates inside
- connect Integrated circuit with the rest of automation

I think that given the usefullness of T-Latches and D-Latches, and even SR-Latches, they should add them or add the posibility to make integrated circuits, they could be expensive and need refined metals, thats an ok price

Long long ago, I played a game called robot odyssey. You had these robots that you wired up with logic gates to solve puzzles.  There is java based version out there called droid quest.  TL;DR - in the lab portion of the game you entered a blank chip, wired up the pins as you needed, and then “burned” the chip which you could then save and use “in-game”, just as Neotix described. I think a similar approach for ONI would be awesome. Plus side chips can Also can become a workshop item.

Archived