Questions about The Forge items

Bubblez

Hello,

I read somewhere here that you have to pay about $54 to get all the event items however I only see the $12 deal for the Gladiator sets.

1. What do I get if I paid $54 instead of $12?
  2. Why am I not able to sell ANY of the items that I unlocked so far? Do they become marketable after the event is over?
  3. There are so many item tiers and items labeled with event/limited time use. It's really confusing. Can I get a quick explanation?
  4. I think when I clicked a button that was supposed to allow me create an item using spool, I was presented with a popup that had some other items in and I couldn't do anything. How does that work? Did I stumble upon an item that gets unlocked for free if I collect x number of other items?

Thanks and sorry if it's been answered else where. I tried checking the wiki but I couldn't find much info earlier.

1. You can buy skin sets and unravel those for additional spools which can be used to buy other forge event skins that cannot be purchased directly. I don’t know where the fifty dollar number you gave came from but how much you play will have a large impact on how many skin sets you’ll have to buy to get them all by the time the event ends, more than two weeks from now.

2. At the moment, forge event items don’t appear to be marketable and from what I’ve seen nobody knows if this will continue to be the case after the forge event ends because Klei hasn’t stated anything official regarding it.

3. Since only forge event items can be crafted with spools and cannot be bought or sold on the Steam marketplace it’s easy to separate them from regular DST items which are also displayed in your collections menu, they also have an anvil icon on their item icon. 

4. No idea, can you be a bit more specific or post a screenshot?

2 hours ago, Bubblez said:

What do I get if I paid $54 instead of $12?

Someone wrote a topic,  speculating how much one must spend to get all the Forge items. Currently you can only buy the wearable skins (the Glaldiator set, 13$), but there are a lot other items like profile pictures, emotes and such, which cannot be purchased. However, if you unravel purchased skins into spools, you can craft them, so we can say you can buy them indirectly. The topic concluded that you need to spend around 50 dollars (if I remember correctly) to get everything if you don't play the Forge at all. If you play it, you get chests and items. 

About the Forge items' trade- and marketability, I'm almost sure (don't know if and where it was confirmed) that they aren't and won't be trade- and marketable. It's because you can get them almost unlimimted, and if they were marketable, people would idle for them just to profit on DST.

53 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Someone wrote a topic,  speculating how much one must spend to get all the Forge items. Currently you can only buy the wearable skins (the Glaldiator set, 13$), but there are a lot other items like profile pictures, emotes and such, which cannot be purchased. However, if you unravel purchased skins into spools, you can craft them, so we can say you can buy them indirectly. The topic concluded that you need to spend around 50 dollars (if I remember correctly) to get everything if you don't play the Forge at all. If you play it, you get chests and items. 

About the Forge items' trade- and marketability, I'm almost sure (don't know if and where it was confirmed) that they aren't and won't be trade- and marketable. It's because you can get them almost unlimimted, and if they were marketable, people would idle for them just to profit on DST.

Ok this explains a lot. Yea I was referring to that thread btw.

2 hours ago, Dekay said:

1. You can buy skin sets and unravel those for additional spools which can be used to buy other forge event skins that cannot be purchased directly. I don’t know where the fifty dollar number you gave came from but how much you play will have a large impact on how many skin sets you’ll have to buy to get them all by the time the event ends, more than two weeks from now.

2. At the moment, forge event items don’t appear to be marketable and from what I’ve seen nobody knows if this will continue to be the case after the forge event ends because Klei hasn’t stated anything official regarding it.

3. Since only forge event items can be crafted with spools and cannot be bought or sold on the Steam marketplace it’s easy to separate them from regular DST items which are also displayed in your collections menu, they also have an anvil icon on their item icon. 

Yea sure I'll send you a screenshot when I get back home.

On 11/14/2017 at 12:32 PM, Dekay said:

5a0c3025cda75_Screenshot2017-11-1514_13_18.thumb.png.8febdc9b439b08af3f5a671274869d82.png5a0c3011e7356_Screenshot2017-11-1514_13_14.thumb.png.c30ef55a1d9742d7563d4c37c132bebe.png

I have attached the screenshots. It's the ensemble button. I assume that I get the Sleepy Emote for free if I manage to acquire the jammie set, correct?

3 minutes ago, Bubblez said:

I have attached the screenshots. It's the ensemble button. I assume that I get the Sleepy Emote for free if I manage to acquire the jammie set, correct?

Yes, you are right. Once you get the skins listed above, you automatically get the reward item. Note that if you give one of the required skins away, the reward will be gone too (untill you complete the set again).

Archived